“Love this place!”

Hampton Inn Kinston
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kinston
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is the second time my Dad and I have stayed here within the last 6 months. The hotel is clean, location good and staff is very friendly and welcoming. We shall return!! Sometimes we would like to move in there and live in complete peace and quiet.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family and I booked this hotel. When we got there, the lady at the desk asked us the reason for our visit. We told her that we were attending a funeral. She immediately rebooked our stay using Funeral rates, with no hesitation. If she had not mentioned, we would have never known.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Mary C; The Hampton Inn Kinston sends out warmest condolences to you and your family. We understand that last minute trips can be difficult and we are always happy to assist with the best possible rate.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Booked this hotel for my sister's wedding. Staff was extremely accomodating to our family and friends. As an out of town coordinator it would have been difficult pullling last minute things together aournd town without the staff's assistance. I was able to run errands and find my way back to the hotel without getting lost : )

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Zenobia; We always want our guests to feel at home and to assist our guests. We are always excited to read our guests comments and know that we have earned another perfect 5 Star Rating. Thanks and I am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay and the wedding was a success.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was in Kinston recently on business and stayed at the Hampton Inn there, it was pleasant, well appointed and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. It is close to major highways and made it easy to get where I needed to go quickly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Outstanding!!! The staff of the Hampton Inn Kinston appreciates your comments and review. We are proud of our hotel and the job that we perform each day for our guests. See you on your next trip to Kinston. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

First, let me start by saying that I really was pumped about staying in this hotel since my stay in the Holiday Inn Express was terrible last year. Upon arrival I could see that the hotel was older but I felt as if the Hampton Inn "reputation" would hold solid. I'm very big on customer service and upon talking to the front desk I was a bit taken back at the fact that she really wasn't up to par on an average scale. I know this hotel is in a small town but customer service is still the same across the board. For example, when I GREETED HER she never made eye contact with me to acknowledge my presence. Then when it was apparent that I had a reservation on $119 room she asked me my name and how many keys. I responded and she then sat two keys on the counter. So, now I'm standing there as she goes back into the computer and dealing with someone behind me. At this point I'm use to people saying have a great stay or at least say where the elevators are to access the room. This at least lets you know you can push off and make it to your room...lol. The desk clerk only looked up after I said "That's it? Where's the room?" Then she responded accordingly. The biggest let down was the room. Upon inspecting our beds we found that one was actually dirty with hair and mild dirt areas on the sheets. I go down to notify the desk and to my surprise there is no housekeeping on duty. So, she hands me sheets to change my own bed. Since we were gone for most of the time we really didn't notice the leak over our window and the large mold area spreading until the next day. I notified the desk and dealt with an older gentleman who immediately went into proper customer etiquette... "I'm sorry sir. Let's change your room and I'll change your rate to $89 a night". Realizing that there's not much you can do because of the hotel choices in town I took the deal. The next room was okay and we finished our stay. My final and most major hang-up was that we had to constantly change out towels. It was nothing to find hair in a clean towel here. Yep that's right HAIR and it wasn't even close to being one of ours. The laundry procedures are definitely in need of a revamp. There's no excuse to experience this! The only positives were the fitness center and the second encounter at the front desk. I was able to get a good workout in without being bothered or disgusted. It did have a smell of a veteran gym but hey you can't ask for much when it comes to workout facilities. Upon checking out I saw the sign..."if you're not satisfied with your stay. Then you do not pay." If I did not have some morals and a downright good conscious I would have tested the waters. But we did stay for two nights and that does call for some form of compensation. Needless to say, we are making the extra drive next year and stay in Goldsboro. I would not recommend this hotel until they fix the kinks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank blgIII
Travis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear blgll, Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of our property and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future, however, I would like to apologize for the poor level of service you received as well. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am sure this Hampton has has a recent makeover making it very nice and clean. Although the tub/shower was new inside Rom 233 the bathroom door was peeling its veneer. The box springs of the bed were so soft that my wife and I almost hit the floor and we aren't that big. Not sure if they ever have changed out the mattresses either in their renovation. So, to be truthful, it is a clean hotel but with dilapidated beds. Perhaps it needs a little more attention to detail in the renovation. The included breakfast was delicious and the staff very helpful. It's location is fine for easy access to US 70 and Queen St (US 258) into Kinston.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Charles, I am pleased that your experience with the staff and breakfast was great. I am disappointed that your experience with maintenance condition of the bathroom door and box spring has fallen below our standards here at the Hampton Inn Kinston. My management staff and I would like to apologies and that we have addressed this issue within the room and conducting more maintenance inspections for all our guest rooms. Thank you again and hope you will consider the Hampton Inn Kinston on your next trip into the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel was nice for the amount of money you are going to pay. The lobby was nice and clean. It had a great continental breakfast. The only problems were the bathroom was a little small. The tub had stains in it, and the shower head was about to fall out. Also, the closet was an old wooden sliding door. These are pretty much cosmetic issues, and I would recommend staying at this hotel if you were in the Kinston area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jessica, I would like to offer my apologies that the condition of the bathroom tub had stains and the overall size of the bathroom is smaller. I have consulted with my Housekeeping Manager based on the cleanliness conditions and we have implemented a new inspection program to ensure that all future cleanliness condition will not be overlooked. Thank you for taking the time to let me know of your stay as this will allow me to conduct better inspections throughout the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston
#1 of 12 in Goldsboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goldsboro
Best Western Plus Goldsboro
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Goldsboro - Base Area

Been to Hampton Inn Kinston? Share your experiences!