“Clean and renovated, but...”

Hampton Inn Kinston
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kinston
Oriental, North Carolina
“Clean and renovated, but...”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am sure this Hampton has has a recent makeover making it very nice and clean. Although the tub/shower was new inside Rom 233 the bathroom door was peeling its veneer. The box springs of the bed were so soft that my wife and I almost hit the floor and we aren't that big. Not sure if they ever have changed out the mattresses either in their renovation. So, to be truthful, it is a clean hotel but with dilapidated beds. Perhaps it needs a little more attention to detail in the renovation. The included breakfast was delicious and the staff very helpful. It's location is fine for easy access to US 70 and Queen St (US 258) into Kinston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Travis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Charles, I am pleased that your experience with the staff and breakfast was great. I am disappointed that your experience with maintenance condition of the bathroom door and box spring has fallen below our standards here at the Hampton Inn Kinston. My management staff and I would like to apologies and that we have addressed this issue within the room and conducting more maintenance inspections for all our guest rooms. Thank you again and hope you will consider the Hampton Inn Kinston on your next trip into the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel was nice for the amount of money you are going to pay. The lobby was nice and clean. It had a great continental breakfast. The only problems were the bathroom was a little small. The tub had stains in it, and the shower head was about to fall out. Also, the closet was an old wooden sliding door. These are pretty much cosmetic issues, and I would recommend staying at this hotel if you were in the Kinston area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jessica, I would like to offer my apologies that the condition of the bathroom tub had stains and the overall size of the bathroom is smaller. I have consulted with my Housekeeping Manager based on the cleanliness conditions and we have implemented a new inspection program to ensure that all future cleanliness condition will not be overlooked. Thank you for taking the time to let me know of your stay as this will allow me to conduct better inspections throughout the hotel.
United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night while traveling through eastern North Carolina on a trip to the beautiful outer banks. This is absolutely the best place to stay in this area. The other facilities, although a bit cheaper, are definitely not up to the standards of the Hampton Inn. If you are seeking a very nice, clean, comfortable friendly hotel....this is the place. No doubt about it.

The room was very clean, with all the great amenities you would expect at a Hampton. The facility itself was spacious, and contained nice extras including (but certainly not limited to) a fitness center and 24 hour coffee and tea. The lobby is very roomy for meetings or get-togethers. There is a nice breakfast area as well, with a wide array of complimentary offerings in the morning. If you are in a hurry, they offer a brown bag meal you can eat on the run (or while driving if you don't want to eat while running).

Every single staff member I came in contact with at this facility was extremely friendly. Great customer service skills! Keep up the good work. David at the front desk was especially helpful during check-in and check-out. Good job dude! I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend this very nice hotel to anyone seeking clean, friendly, comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TheCosmicTraveler
My staff has expressed their appreciation to you for a great review and comments. We are always pleased to know that we have earned another loyal customer to the Hampton Inn Kinston. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel was very clean, very nice staff, just has very lousy neighbors in regards to a club across the street that thinks the louder the bass is, the better. At 1:00 a.m. had a difficult time falling asleep from the loud music from the club across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to thank you for your review and comments concerning the club across the street. The loud music has been addressed with the local public safety and the club management. The club has taken additional measurements to ensure that our guests will not be disturbed in the future with the loud music. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Kinston as I know you will have a better nights sleep.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Awesome stay at this Hampton location and very professional staff on site. Me and my family will return to this hotel in the future; we also recommended several family and friends to stay there. They experience was the stay as ours; nothing but the best stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Travis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Awesome Review! Thanks for such a great survey and scores. The staff is always pleased to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and with plans to return. Our guest’s comments regardless positive or negative keeps us motivate to work harder. We look forward to your next safe return to Kinston, NC.
Longwood
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very friendly staff, from the reception desk people to the breakfast staff. We needed a cot for a 4th person in room, and it was delivered to our room immediately upon our arrival. Clean, comfortable, good temperature in room, excellent breakfast. Very nice stay, will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Travis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I want to personally thank you for your kind words about our staff, and for the high ratings that you gave our property! I monitor every survey that is submitted about our hotel and it is always nice to see that our guests are enjoying their experience with us. Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit a review and we look forward to serving you again!
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had no idea this hotel was so nice. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn, but I have been dissatisfied with the condition of the rooms and hotel my past few visits, so I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn, and I'll be staying here from now on when I visit family in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Plamina
I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comment means a lot to us. We strive for this every day and it is nice to know we are succeeding. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinston
Quality Inn
Hampton Inn Goldsboro
Hampton Inn Goldsboro
#1 of 11 in Goldsboro
Best Western Plus Goldsboro

Been to Hampton Inn Kinston? Share your experiences!