“Nice”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kinston
Bowie, Maryland
“Nice”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had no idea this hotel was so nice. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn, but I have been dissatisfied with the condition of the rooms and hotel my past few visits, so I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn, and I'll be staying here from now on when I visit family in the area.

1 Thank Plamina
Travis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comment means a lot to us. We strive for this every day and it is nice to know we are succeeding. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great staff and great facilities. The property was easily accessed and located in good proximity of shopping, medical and beaches. The security locks and doors actually worked properly and offered a sense of safety. Other guest seemed to adapt to the friendly environment making interactions very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I wanted to thank you for sharing your kind words about our property and our staff! We work really hard at our property to provide great guest service and it is really kind of you to let us know that we are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your business and your fantastic review!
Kinston, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel was very clean and quiet. I stayed here for 11 nights on business and did not have one complaint. The Hotel staff were very friendly and courteous and made you feel welcome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Kinston area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We received your comments regarding your past stay! Let me thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of our rooms and the service from the staff - this is great! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we hope that your travels bring you back to Kinston soon!
Columbia, MD, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was in town for a family event but had to find a hotel for lodging. I was happy to find a Hampton Inn in Kinston, because I've learned to trust this chain for comfort and reliability when I'm traveling on the road. The Kinston Hampton is the most attractive of the chain that I've stayed at besides having the usual qualities and friendly, efficient staff found at other Hamptons. The lobby and lounging area was more open and bright, and the grounds outside were nicely kept. Location next door to an old warehouse might not appeal to some but made for an interesting photograph of the view from my top floor room (fourth floor). If you're looking for places of interest nearby, check out the full-scale replica of a Civil War ironclad downtown, the nearby Mother Earth Brewing Company, a developing arts and antiques district and the soon-to-be opened museum housing the original hull of the ironclad. This Hampton is also very close to Kinston's Visitor Center on Highway 70, the big Neuse Sport Shop, Frenchman's Creek Shopping Village and King's Barbecue restaurant.

1 Thank Clayton K
Thank you for your excellent review!! We are so pleased that you have trust in Hampton Inns. We are thrilled to share your comments with our staff so they can see that their hard work and sincerity truly pay off. Come visit us again!
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We're dedicated Hilton members and this Hampton Inn did not disappoint. The room was comfortable and clean, the pool was well maintained, the lobby immaculate, and the breakfast exactly what you'd expect. Great value in Kinston, NC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Kinston, NC. It is always nice to know we are considered to be exactly what a hotel should be. The staff is very pleased when they read comments and reviews from our guests. Thank you again for your review and please visit us again on your next return trip to Kinston.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This Hampton Inn is an oasis. The hotel was easy to find, and after along day of driving, I was grateful for the warm staff greeting and the great accommodations. The bed was ultra comfy, the room was clean, and appointed with everything one would need. Breakfast was great, and everything was given attention to detail.

I have to say, I wasn't surprised. I figured since the GM, Travis, takes the time to read and RESPOND to reviews, that this guy took care of the property like it's his baby. Great job, Travis. Your hotel was so nice, I hated to leave!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, avoid the pool area in the summertime. Lots of kids were swimming until about 10p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Travis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kinston, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
GoodVibNomad; I personally want to thank you for the” 5 Star” review and the acknowledgment of my attention to the Tripadvisor reviews. I wish I can meet each guest and thank them for staying with the Hampton Inn Kinston, and responding to my guests reviews is how I learn and train my staff for the customer service and care of cleanliness each guests deserves. I do have the Best Staff and Proud of each one. Thanks again and hope to meet you on your next trip.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The check in process took very little time and the entire staff was so friendly. The food in the breakfast area was hot and fresh. In the evenings they had snacks set out with free soft drinks. The hotel is clean. My in room internet was not working and the help desk was very quick to resolve my issues. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013
We love to hear the word “Excellent” on how the staff is performing and the quality of service we provide throughout. Thank you for the Excellent responses and survey and we welcome you back to the Hampton Inn Kinston, NC on your next visit .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Goldsboro - Base Area
Hampton Inn Goldsboro
Hampton Inn Goldsboro
#1 of 11 in Goldsboro

Been to Hampton Inn Kinston? Share your experiences!