“King's Mountain's best”

Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kings Mountain
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

There are cheaper places but HIX is leaps and bounds ahead of all the others and only a few dollars more. Clean rooms, the even numbers are not facing the highway and are quieter. The free breakfast has a great spread and is actually very good. Friendly service, but sometimes under staffed causing long waits at the front desk. If you need a good place to stay in King's Mountain, this is really the only choice. No restaurant at the hotel or within walking distance. For lunch or dinner the Cherokee Tavern is a great choice and is a short ride away.

• Stayed: January 2014
Bridgett M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience. We are sorry to hear that you had a long wait at the front desk and we will take the necessary steps to ensure this isn't a problem in the future. We hope to see you again soon.
Bridgett Myers

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were on a long trip to visit family and found this hotel close to the expressway. Pretty area,clean hotel and very friendly young man at check in at 1:00 a.m. The breakfast was good also with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Top floor room no noise. Facing parking lot sunny room in morning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We strive to give the best customer service possible and are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay.
Bridgett Myers

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I arrived to the hotel late at night on a Sunday 11/24/13. I was a little shocked to see there was only 5 cars in the parking lot and thought it must be a real slow night. I walk in the book a room and they gave me a price of 95.00. i asked for the AAA rate and she said it was 87.00. She asked to see my card and i told her that I left it in my other car. I offered to have my wife to send a picture to me on my IPhone if she needed the number. She said that she would have to see it in person and she would not give me the rate. I thought it was odd that she was going to let a paying customer walk on a slow night over 7$. Get with the times! I can use my Iphone to buy groceries and coffee but it is not good enough for a hotel. This may explain why it was a slow night. I think the staff needs to be retrained. Their loss!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank DTesseneer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear DTesseneer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I made a reservation to stay here for business in the area, the location is very handy to i77 and there are a few fast food places to eat nearby. Parking is adequate, rooms are clean, typical breakfast, friendly hotel staff

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nukefixer
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kings Mountain on several occasions. Each say has been comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms are clean and seem to be well maintained. Customer service is great and have worked hard to resolve any (minor) issues I have encountered (not worth mentioning here).

The breakfast here is one of the best I have encountered, and I enjoyed the fitness room every evening.

I will stay at this hotel anytime I'm in the Kings Mountain area in the future.

Room Tip: The second floor suite is very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy R
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel recently while on a business trip. It is a very nice hotel, rooms and halls were clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast good and was consistent with most Holiday Inn Express Hotels. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite on the mountainside. The highway side has traffic driving by that may distu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a very clean, updated Holiday Inn Express located right off the interstate. The rooms are large and have comfortable bedding, a refrigerator and microwave. The free breakfast is great with omelettes, cereal, sausage, bagels, etc. An excellent start to the day. The staff is very friendly and helpful. But ask for a room on the front side of the hotel, or you will be listening to trucks flying by all night. Very noisy and difficult to sleep. Otherwise, I was very pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the front of the building
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain? Share your experiences!