“Consistently Very Good”

Dining options: Breakfast
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Consistently Very Good”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This Restaurant re-opened about a year ago after a fire and the new atmosphere is great. Remodel makes it very very nice. Menu is updated and more upscale but prices are in line. The food is consistently very good. Service is usually very good. This is one of my wife's favorite restaurants and I enjoy it too. Great variety to the menu, seafood, pasta, steaks, etc. Prices are reasonable and always a very good experience.

• Visited September 2013

Advance, North Carolina
“Wait Staff is ruining this newly remodeled restaurant”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Town & Country Restaurant burned a couple years ago, and re-opened with much fanfare after going through a gorgeous remodel. The first time we dined there was about 2 weeks after the grand opening. The service sucked, and I'm being kind. We were given a breakfast menu, and after a lengthy wait for our waitress to return to take our orders, we finally were able to place our order. Several people in our party of 10 placed orders for breakfast items. About 10 minutes after our orders were finally take, the waitress came out to say the kitchen was out of eggs. At that point, we all agreed they were probably experiencing "grand opening jitters" and forgave them for the bad experience. About six months later, my office booked the restaurant for our annual Christmas party. Our reservation was confirmed, and when we arrived, the area was ready and waiting for us. We went on a Tuesday night, hoping to avoid a large evening crowd, and that was the case. However, somebody must have forgotten to bring in the appropriate number of waitresses, because the service SUCKED - again! Our drink orders were screwed up, salads looked like they had sat outside and were wilted, steaks were not cooked properly, our bread baskets were not brought out at the appropriate time, and the waitresses were loud and very unprofessional - kind of like being waited on by the cast of Hee Haw. Our company will NEVER go back there again and have already made plans to go across the street to Little Italy for our 2013 Christmas party. I reluctantly went back for lunch a few weeks ago, and I enjoyed a delicious wrap with fresh fruit. My dining partners said their meal was extremely delicious, so hopefully their waitress problems have been remedied. The lunch prices were good and the wait staff was attentive.

One thing about their extensive remodel project - the front dining room is still dark and dreary. A bar was added to the rear area, and it was busy every time I visited.

• Visited May 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food and a classy atmosphere”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times since it re-opened and have enjoyed it each time. I have tried several dishes including the prime rib which was tender and flavorful, also the buffalo chicken tenders, fish tacos, and the spaghetti were good. The entree prices range from around the 20 dollar range for the choice steaks down to under 10 for small plates.

The restaurant has a polished, casual feel to it. Some features of the restaurant include a back room to accommodate large parties, a bar area with large HDtvs and several taps, and a nicely decorated patio area with full service.

Overall a nice place to eat in King for a family, with friends, or even a date with good food, a friendly staff and nice ambiance

• Visited May 2013
NC
“Great food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been eating at Town & Country for years. One day a week we always got take out at work from there. There sandwiches are great. Chicken salad is the best. And there is just no words for how good their steaks and seafood are. Never been disappointed. The best.

Visited May 2013
Winston Salem, N.C.
“Think twice!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Once upon a time this was a great place to eat. Somewhere along the line, things went not so good. The food is not cooked consistently, except for grilled items. many timnes you have to ask for rolls, salads are in huge chunks that have to be cut downn to eat. The building is pretty, both inside and out, they do have a take out section. I do not go here if I can avoid it.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Town & Country Restaurant? Share your experiences!