“Who would have thought”
Review of Thai Cafe - CLOSED

Thai Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Who would have thought that the sweet little rural community of King would have a fabulous Thai restaurant? Well I do now. When our company moved to Rural Hall I think we all imagined ourselves having to brown bag it every day or be relegated to McD's and Hardees for every lunch. But it was serendipity that when driving around one lunchtime we happened upon this little strip mall and low and behold - a Thai restaurant. We thought- what could we lose and went in. The decor was bright and untypical of even high end Thai that I have visited from Greensboro to Miami. The service was unbelieveable ( and by our second time there- they all knew us and knew what we would order) I always judge Thai by their Pad Thai first and as we all ordered different meals and shared- all agreed this was a winner. As I adore Basil I particulary am fond of the Thai Basil Fried Rice with amazingly tender and lean pork. We frequent the restaurant mainly at lunch ( which the special is an incredible value including salad and a spring roll- I often will buy their Peanut Salad Dressing by the pint and take it home- I could drink the stuff) but others have been there for dinner and rave as well. It was a happy day when we happened upon Thai Cafe.

There are newer reviews for Thai Cafe

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Thai Cafe is a food jewel in King. It has an Art Deco atmosphere as well as nicely presented food. I enjoy eating food when it looks nice and taste good. Here you get both. My favorite dish is the Pad Puk w/shrimp. I really do not like my sautéed vegetables over cooked and they do it just right. I also love their chicken vegetable wraps. I enjoy Thai food and this is my favorite restaurant for Thai in Winston or the surrounding area and has the best price too!

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here since its opening, and the food is always outstanding, there is always good service and reasonable prices. I have been to many Thai restaurants in Winston Salem, but they are always to pricey for what you get. The Thai Cafe has a fresh, friendly, and stylish atmosphere. It is really a diamond in the rough to find in King. I have some friends that drive almost an hour to have dinner here.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

King, NC is one of those bedroom communities with a Main Street that's lined with fast food restaurants, branded grocery and dollar stores, auto parts suppliers, etc. It's definitely not the place you would go looking for or expect to find a Thai restaurant. But lo and behold there is one nestled discreetly in a strip mall, in the same suite that previously housed an Italian and later a Mexican restaurant.

As you first walk in, the lime green walls above the chair railing catch your eye and then its adornment of paintings of famous Hollywood movie stars. One of the owners later revealed that they didn't want a typical Thai decor, but something more contemporary and I think it works. Dining is casual with both chairs and booth arrangements. During our service, our waiter was very attentive to our needs making order suggestions when asked, and regularly checking up on us to make sure everything was okay.

The food portions and temperature were perfect, and the presentation was very appealing. This is only my second experience eating Thai food, but in my opinion everything was delicious and I'll definitely be back.