We stayed here only for one night as we were just passing through. Kill Devil Hills is a lovely place and I'd love to have the chance to spend more time here. Although if we did go back I'd look into staying longer and renting a house or something. Hotels are highly priced during peak season and I feel this hotel is way overpriced for what you get. I would expect to pay a premium due to the demand in the area but I think this hotel charges too much based on what you get. Having said that we managed to get a much better rate through hotels.com compared to what the hotel offered themselves. I heard one guest complaining about the price of the cheapest room and the price he mentioned was way above what we got. The hotel said they could come down slightly for him but it was no where near as good as the rate on hotels.com.
The rooms are ok if all you need is somewhere to sleep - lets face it you don't come somewhere like this to spend all day in your room. The rooms are small and rough around the edges. The inroom safe did not work and was practically hanging off the wall. The free wifi did not work. Breakfast is basic but gives you a good start to the day. Staff are very friendly. Great location right on the beach.
Would I stay here again? Well perhaps but the prices have to be re-evaluated by the hotel or things need to be smartened up. I don't think the price should be based solely on a good location. I have stayed in many great hotels in premium locations that were much better value this which is why I don't think this hotel is good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 out of 5 Sunburst Award Winning Days Inn & Suites located 1 mile north of the Wright Brothers Memorial. Guest rooms, 1-bedroom, or 2-bedroom suites available--all are smoke free. An expanded complimentary continental breakfast features: waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm daily. All rooms/suites feature: microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & free wireless internet. Most suites also feature a fully equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Mariner
- Days Inn & Suites Mariner Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Mariner
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn
- Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner Outer Banks, NC