“You won't be disapointed!”

Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Hertford
“You won't be disapointed!”
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn Mariner on business on this past Monday and Tuesday. This hotel has a GREAT location. I stayed in one of the Queen suites and loved the layout. I also loved the adirondac seating outside of the suites. It was nice to end the day sitting outside the room and listening to the waves crash. The staff was top notch. I can not recall the name of the assistant manager who helped me at check in and check out, but she was the best i have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. To make a long story short, I enjoyed Days Inn Mariner so much that upon check out I made reservations for Saturday night. If you planning a trip to the Outer Banks and don't want to rent a cottage, I would most certaintly give this hotel a call. You may notice that the hotel does not have an ice machine outside, but i had no problem going to the front desk and requesting it.

Frequent Traveler, Hertford, NC

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, May 10, 2009
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Days Inn & Suites Mariner. I am ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay with us in our queen suites. The majority of our corporate guests do enjoy those room types it seems, and we are always happy to offer corporate discounts year-round.

Thank you for making reservations to come and visit with us again! Thank you very much for your nice comments and we hope to see you often!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
NVA
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stayed because the prices were lower than most of the hotels on the strip, but that comes with a price. The rooms are old, the bathrooms are very small. The 2 double rooms were facing the street, not the beach, so the noise level was much higher. The walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear the TV from the next room. For a one or two night stay it's bearable, but not for a week.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
DIManagement, Dir of Sales & Marketing at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, April 23, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property on the Outer Banks. The majority of our rooms have been renovated though a handful remain that have not. Our property is not a new build, so like many of the hotels on the Outer Banks the bathrooms are of a smaller size. Most of our bathrooms have the vanity with sink located outside the room with the shower/tub (some have showers only).

We do have oceanview rooms (which have all been renovated) as well as oceanview suites. Honestly once in a blue moon we will receive a noise complaint but it is not often (even in the summer time with the streetside rooms).

For longer stays the larger 1 or 2 bedroom suites would be advisable as they have fully euipped kitchens and are twice the size of our standard rooms. We have many returning families every year that book these suites.

We hope that in the future you might try us again and visit in one of our other room types. Please feel free to contact me directly for reservations--Thank you, Tonia.
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed November 1, 2008

The hotel is right on the beach. We stayed here in the fall but I couldn't help thinking what fun it would be there in the summer with the beach and the pool so close by. I found the rooms to be very clean with nice additions (like the big screen Vizio TVs). We stayed in the Queen suite. I liked the layout... not big but had a nice seperation between the bedroom and the livingroom. It included a microwave, sink, and frig. There were large, flat screen TVs in each room. The living room also had a couch.

The room was very clean and the breakfast was great. Lots of variety. The management was very nice as well. Great rates for the fall!!

• Liked — Right on the beach
  • Disliked — Nothing that I can think of
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DIManagement, Dir of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, November 3, 2008
Thank you for visiting with us recently, and we would be happy to have you come back in the warmer months too! Our queen suites are a popular room type for couples and corporate guests---many of our TVs are flat panels, though not all of them are as of yet however.

And most suites that we have do have at least 2 TVs (1 in the living room and normally at least 1 in the bedroom area too). Thank you for your very nice comments and we do hope that you get to visit with us again! Feel free to give me a call if you get to visit again!

Thanks--Tonia
Reviewed October 22, 2008

From our viewing on the net of several hotels we picked this one and were in no way disappointed - the breakfasts were adequate and the quirky bit was making your own waffles, which I didnt do very well, I thought it was something about the English but I was comforted to see one or two fellow travellers having a problem too but it tasted very nice whatever it looked like.

The wind had started to whip up the sea the evening we arrived but we are used to being blown off our feet. The beach was so close and the pool looked inviting if it had been warmer weather. Our room was good for the very reasonable price we had paid, the bathroom was a little small and I did find that having the walkway and such big low windows a little off putting at first but hey who wants to look at us when you have the Ocean a few feet away. I would certainly stay here again - we liked it because it was in a residential neighbourhood and so close to the Wright Brothers Memorial and State Park if the weather could of been hotter, next day in Virginia Beach you could not even stand up!

• Liked — Friendliness and helpfulness of the staff
  • Disliked — Sand blowing over the car windscreen but hosepipe provided to wash it off before your journey
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DIManagement, Dir of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, October 24, 2008
I thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and upload photos too! That is the one thing when the weather is a little bit blustery---we usually get some really nice skies during the day for pictures and nice sunsets as well.

I am glad that your stay was enjoyable though blustery---and am happy that you would return. If you should get a chance to vist again (maybe when it's not too windy!) please feel free to call me directly for reservations!

PA
Reviewed August 9, 2008

We stayed at the Days Inn for 3 nights and found that the price was excellent for its location right on the beach, where we spent most of our time. The room had an odor, which we took care of by buying some room freshener. I'm sure it's hard to keep moisture out of a room right on the beach with people tracking in wet suits and towels. The room was otherwise clean, though the furnishings weren't too comfortable. The bathroom was very, very small. The front desk staff was awesome on the phone and during check-in! We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. My only complaint is that the room was not cleaned as well as I would have liked during our stay. The carpet was not vacuumed well and the bathroom was definitely not cleaned well. More towels each day would have been appreciated. The kids enjoyed the two tvs and we enjoyed having a "living room." However, for a short stay, if you're spending your time out and about, the price makes it worth considering. If we were to go back to the Outer Banks I would definitely look into renting a house.

• Liked — beach location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DIManagement, Dir of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, August 25, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property on the Outer Banks. I have printed off a copy and will be sharing it with staff tomorrow when I am there.

I liked the pictures you have taken of the beach and can tell from where it was taken you were in our 3 story building in one of the suites (since you mentioned the living room/kitchen). We also have cottage rentals at our other property as well by our other Days Inn in case you return with extended family or friends!

Please feel free to contact me if you should by chance get to visit again. I would be happy to help arrange another Outer Banks visit for you and your family. Thank you--Tonia
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2008

My family and my sister's family booked the 2 bedroom suite so we could all stay in the same room. The suite was a nice size with two bedrooms, 1 bath and 1 extra toilet--two bathrooms would have been much better. The living/kitchen area was rather run down and not too clean looking--the tile floor had old gum stuck on it and there was a cabinet door missing from one of the cabinets. On the positive side, the fridge was very clean. The bedrooms were roomy and the beds were comfortable, however my 4 year old son was playing under the beds and found two beer bottles that were not picked up from the last guests. The pool was nice and the breakfast was also good. We've stayed at several hotels in Nags Head and unless you want to pay close to $300 a night for a newer, updated hotel this is basically what you get.

• Liked — location on the beach
  • Disliked — in need of updates
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DIManagement, Dir of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, August 7, 2008
We appreciate the time you took to write a review of our property. I'm glad that you did have some positive experiences while staying with us.

I have passed along your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance staff, and will be following up personally with them to make sure that this room is put in tip top shape.

If you do get to venture forth our way again, please feel free to contact me directly--Tonia
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stayed at the Days Inn Mariner in Kill Devil Hills, NC in June 2008. It was clean inside and out. The beds were comfortable. The pool was sparkling. The building is older and the room and bathroom were not very big but it was a good value for a comfortable, clean room on the beach. I would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DIManagement, Dir of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, June 28, 2008
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property on the Outer Banks! We are very proud of our new Head Housekeeper at the Days Inn & Suites Mariner, we all think she is doing a wonderful job.

I am glad that you found everything to your liking during your stay and if you should chance to pass our way again please feel free to contact me directly for reservations!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks

Been to Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner? Share your experiences!