“I was leery, but....”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Newport News
“I was leery, but....”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was leery to stay in this Days Inn given the reviews on TripAdvisor, but it wasn't that bad. The people working there are very nice. I had forgot to put in my AAA card for the discount when I reserved the room online and the lady at check-in had no problem giving me the discount. Check-in was at 4:00, but we got there at 12:30 and went right up to the room.It was hard to find a decent priced hotel on short notice for six people. Luckily, Days Inn Mariner had a room available.
The room had a separate bedroom with a queen sized bed. There was also a kitchenette and two double beds as well. The bathroom was small as noted by other reviewers. I think the real problem is that the vanity is entirely too big for the size of the bathroom. Both the room, beds, bathroom and kitchenette were all nice and clean. The décor was lacking due to the color and texture of the carpet, couch and chair. They were a teal blue color and maybe should be changed to a lighter, neutral color.
The breakfast was good with the usual danishes, bagels, apples and bananas, two types of cereal, waffles, egg patties and sausage. There was also coffee, tea, milk and juice.
We all went down to the pool and it looked clean as well. Though the water was cold.
Our stay was very nice. We stayed in room 204 right next to the boardwalk and had less than 2 minute walk down to the beach which was wonderful. I must say, the bed was very comfortable. Out of the three different hotels that we stayed in in the last three months, this was the most comfortable and I got the best sleep here. Please note that there were two floors in the building we stayed in and I did not see a elevator. Also, I know that someone mentioned the water pressure or temperature. I have four teen age girls. my husband and myself. We all took showers one after another and had no problems with water pressure or temperature. The exterior could use some paint but don't let the bad reviews fool you. If I had, we wouldn't have been able to go to the beach. There aren't many hotels that will let six people stay in one room. Usually, we'd have to get two. So, thanks Days Inn Mariner for a enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank 6wvrs
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about your stay at our property on the Outer Banks. I thank you for letting us know that you did not experience any water issues during your stay with your larger sized family. We're very pleased that you all had a restful and pleasant stay with us. We do hope that you will be able to come back and visit another time and please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help make reservations for your stay. Thank you, Tonia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Waterville
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Location was excellent, but room was tiny and dingy. Television and coffee makers did not work. While showering water temperature would go from hot to cold several times throughout the the shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your stay with us on the beach. Power to many of our TVs is controlled by the lightswitch by the door, and when guests call the front desk to ask about their TV this is the information given to them. I do hope that if you had an issue with the TV and coffeemaker that you did notify the front desk which would have replaced these items immediately. I have not heard of an issue with fluctuating hot and cold water and we will have someone check into this. Please note that if you ever have an issue at any property you stay, to notify someone immediately as they (and we) want to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as it can be. Thank you, Tonia

Travelers are raving about these Kill Devil Hills hotels

Asheville, Nc
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff was very wonderful, from lobby to housekeeping, clean and great location. Really needs some updating, wasn't anything in the interior newer than th 80's. Exterior even looks older, but maybe, that keeps the price in check.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words on our staff and I'm happy you found everything clean and tidy for your stay. We do do renovations every year when we take several rooms offline to be redone. We have redone a few this spring and did several the year before that, etc. For example, most of the rooms in the 2 story building have been redone and we are working on the 3 story building this winter--we did finish several rooms as mentioned this past spring. We do hope that you will come back and see us another time, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you, Tonia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,164 reviews
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,100 reviews
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,406 reviews
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner? Share your experiences!