I was leery to stay in this Days Inn given the reviews on TripAdvisor, but it wasn't that bad. The people working there are very nice. I had forgot to put in my AAA card for the discount when I reserved the room online and the lady at check-in had no problem giving me the discount. Check-in was at 4:00, but we got there at 12:30 and went right up to the room.It was hard to find a decent priced hotel on short notice for six people. Luckily, Days Inn Mariner had a room available.
The room had a separate bedroom with a queen sized bed. There was also a kitchenette and two double beds as well. The bathroom was small as noted by other reviewers. I think the real problem is that the vanity is entirely too big for the size of the bathroom. Both the room, beds, bathroom and kitchenette were all nice and clean. The décor was lacking due to the color and texture of the carpet, couch and chair. They were a teal blue color and maybe should be changed to a lighter, neutral color.
The breakfast was good with the usual danishes, bagels, apples and bananas, two types of cereal, waffles, egg patties and sausage. There was also coffee, tea, milk and juice.
We all went down to the pool and it looked clean as well. Though the water was cold.
Our stay was very nice. We stayed in room 204 right next to the boardwalk and had less than 2 minute walk down to the beach which was wonderful. I must say, the bed was very comfortable. Out of the three different hotels that we stayed in in the last three months, this was the most comfortable and I got the best sleep here. Please note that there were two floors in the building we stayed in and I did not see a elevator. Also, I know that someone mentioned the water pressure or temperature. I have four teen age girls. my husband and myself. We all took showers one after another and had no problems with water pressure or temperature. The exterior could use some paint but don't let the bad reviews fool you. If I had, we wouldn't have been able to go to the beach. There aren't many hotels that will let six people stay in one room. Usually, we'd have to get two. So, thanks Days Inn Mariner for a enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 out of 5 Sunburst Award Winning Days Inn & Suites located 1 mile north of the Wright Brothers Memorial. Guest rooms, 1-bedroom, or 2-bedroom suites available--all are smoke free. An expanded complimentary continental breakfast features: waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm daily. All rooms/suites feature: microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & free wireless internet. Most suites also feature a fully equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites Mariner Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn And Suites Mariner
- Days Inn Mariner
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn
- Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner Outer Banks, NC