I've stayed here twice over the past 6 months while planning a wedding, once in Oct 2012, and again over Easter, 2013. Its been a nice, cheap place to stay, that's close to the ocean and in Kill Devil Hills close to a lot of restaurants and sites (Wright Brothers Museum/Memorial, and Jockey's Ridge). The hotel looks pretty crappy from the outside, as its apparently fairly old.However, the website boasts that it was fully renovated in 2011, and I believe it. All the rooms of new appliances, and the beds/linens are extremely comfortable. I was skeptical at first, b/c I have long hated Days Inns, but the price and location was worth it, at least in the off season. I was impressed with this location however, as the rooms were kept up nice, and are extremely clean. The Housekeeping staff does a great job each day, all sand, dirt and trash is cleaned up nicely, and the beds are made perfectly.
I highly recommend the 2 bedroom suites. They are perfect for multiple couples, or even a family and the living space/kitchen area is adequate for a short stay. My only complaint about the place is that the ice machine is located far away from the building that houses the suites, and is a pain in the butt. I will say that it allowed me to walk past some of the small, non-suite rooms, and they don't look all that appealing. Those rooms are very small, and seem a little more grungy. So I advise solely booking suites.
For those people complaining about musty smells, they just need to be smacked. Its a beach hotel. The water is about 50yrds away, if that, so what do you really expect? Even $10,000/week beach houses with the finest of accommodations have musty smells and the occasional ant. So a Days Inn which sees a lot of traffic isn't going to be an exception. Even whatever smells do exist, aren't really overpowering and I was never left with a feeling of it being unclean. Its just a typical smell you get from enclosed places at a beach.
The morning bfast was decent. Its your standard continental affair with waffle maker, pastries, bagels, english muffins, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, hot sausage patties and eggs. Nothing overwhelmingly awesome, but for a free bfast for one or two mornings, it gets the job done.
In the end, if you're looking for a clean and comfortable stay, on a budget, its the place for you. If you come in looking for a 5-star resort, you'll be mistaken. It is, afterall, a beach hotel and all beach hotels in the outer banks are going to have some wear given age and traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property features all non-smoking rooms and suites with a complimentary hot breakfast and afternoon refreshments. We are located a 1 1/2 miles north of the Wright Brothers Memorial in Kill Devil Hills. All rooms and suites feature: microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker and free Wi-Fi. There is an outdoor pool on-site (open seasonally) as well as a guest laundry. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom suites for those wanting to be together but have a little extra room for their stay. Our 2 bedroom suites and some of our 1 bedroom suites also feature full kitchens. We have oceanfront, oceanside and pond side rooms and suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Mariner
- Days Inn & Suites Mariner Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Mariner
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn
- Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner Outer Banks, NC