We arrived on Monday, August 6 at 3:00 p.m. Our room (exact one I had requested after reading other reviews) was ready. CLEAN! The room was small for a family of four (husband, two daughters, me) but we were only there to change, shower and sleep. Bathroom was spotless. Towels were quite thick for a "motel." Good supply of soaps and shampoo. Also in the room:
coffee maker with regular and decaf; clock radio; micro/fridge combination; small bar to hang clothes; tv; desk; dresser; two beds; end table; desk chair. We could see the ocean from our room (faced the Gazebo in the two story building) and it was convenient to both pools and the office. The breakfast was much too crowded, IMO, and unless you were overly aggressive people would push my children out of the way. Only ate there the first morning because unfortunately "free food" brings out the worst in some people. The beach was glorious. Restaurants and specialty shops were everywhere. Motel staff were pleasant and accommodating. We will probably go back to the Colony IV should we decide to return to OBX next summer. Forgot to mention: AC worked well in the room. The temps were close to 100 and very humid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills