The 3rd floor tower room had a great view, loved the balcony, picture perfect with the gazebo and 180 ocean view. Just a short walk to the beach from the room. We loved the indoor and outdoor pools. Some days it was too windy/cool to go to the beach so the pool option was great ! We were also glad to have an elevator after a long day of sightseeing. The deluxe continental breakfast was really nice. The front desk staff was awesome..very knowledgeable and friendly. Trish one of the the front desk managers found out it was my bday while I was there and she posted a happy bday greeting on the hotel sign ! Colony is centrally located between Nags head and Kitty Hawk. All sightseeing you can do in a week is right there from Corolla to Ocracoke. Very cool vacation place !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills