We were fortunate to get a room that wasn't on the walkway to the beach or pool so we didn't have the noise of people going by. The room was set up with a kitchenette which would be great if you are traveling with kids and planned to cook meals in the room. The room was very basic and the bathroom badly needs a renovation! There must be some sort of waterproofing on the beds because they had a very "crinkley" sound when you moved.
If we were to stay again we would definitely ask for a room in the new tower section and above the second floor...the floors below have a view of the ocean blocked by the sand dunes. The outside walkway to the beach was very nice and there are outside showers provided for washing off the sand.
The biggest disappointment was the breakfast selection and the breakfast room. There were absolutely no seats in the very small room, or the lobby, when we arrived about 9am. it was difficult to get to the food areas because of the number of people...the space is vastly undersized for the size of the hotel. We ended up taking what food we had out to the picnic tables near the beach walkway.
We would look for another place to stay next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills