We needed a last minute room on a weekend and Shutters had availability and the price was right - half the price of some of the larger hotels. Based on reviews, I booked Shutters and was pleasantly surprised at how close we were the beach - just a few steps & over a dune & you were there. We may try some of the other rooms that were recommended on here next time. Two teens are very loud in one room, so we need more space next time! We stayed in a parking lot, first floor view, but could pull right up to the door to unload. The room was clean, beds were comfy, had a small fridge which is great for drinks but a noisy microwave beside the bed (the timer wouldn't shut off - forgot to mention to staff.) We did mention that the tub & sink had slow drains, but I'm sure there is a lot of sand in there! Breakfast was included and had make your own Belgian waffles (the best item), packets of - listen to reviewers, go early. I had no problems at 8am but they got low when we were there at 9. My fav part was eating my breakfast in the gazebo on top of the dune with the ocean view. Thanks Shutters for being there for us when we needed a last minute getaway! Both pools were small and had a lot of guests (some were drinking) so we didn't visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills