My husband and I stayed here 3 nights during our first trip to the Outer Banks in early October 2012. After much research on Tripadvisor we chose "Shutters" and were very glad we did. For a seashore accommodation, the room was nice, clean and comfortable, and the rate was reasonable compared to other places in the area, some of which looked shabby compared to Shutters. I had recently recovered from a broken ankle and was pleased that the booking staff put us on the first floor of the tower building right next to the pathway to the Gazebo making it easy for me to access the Gazebo and enjoy the views on the beach with a minimum amount of walking.. We enjoyed the breakfast in the attractive and clean breakfast room each day -- choices were limited but definitely sufficient, tasty and fresh.
Front desk staff were very helpful in recommending and giving directions to excellent local eateries for dinner. We had originally only made a one night reservation and planned to travel farther south for the other two nights, but we liked this place so much we decided to extend our stay and use this as a central location for day trips north and south along the coast.
If we decide to vacation along the Outer Banks in the future,we would definitely consider staying at Shutters again, but I would opt for the more expensive rooms in the tower so we'd have a beach view from the room. We didn't get to use the pool while we were there but it looked very inviting. The only thing I think people should be aware of is the heaviness of the entry doors to the rooms. If you're not very strong and you have a big suitcase, it's a bit of a struggle to get it inside without the door closing on you, and when neighboring patrons let their doors slam you can definitely hear it. Overall, though, we definitely recommend this beach located hotel. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills