WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Clyde, North Carolina, United States
“You won't be sorry.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent three days here in June with our 7 year old grandson. Great room and excellent view of the Carolina coast. Great selection for breakfast. Indoor and outdoor pools well kept. Rooms were clean and well kept. Great value for the dollar spent. We will be back.

Room Tip: Request at least third floor in the annex.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

First let me say that the location was fantastic. First impression of motel was that it seemed pretty nice. Staff was very nice and room seemed decent enough. Breakfast was okay but very cramped. My main issue was that there was only one small mirror outside of the bathroom and there was no visble door sweep which caused a huge and I am not exaggerating! Huge cockaroach to enter our room. This ruined the rest of the trip for me and my family as we were now paranoid we would see more or take god knows what home with us. Had the worst beds also very uncomfortable. The maintence man did come up and spray and he did come up right away also Kelly the mgr did try to resolve the bug issue but I expected them to do better on the credit they gave..50 bucks was the best they could do I mean I would have thought they would have offered to cover 50 percent of the entire stay if not all of it for such a disgusting experience.She told us we could leave early and not be charged but I stayed because I did not want to ruin my kids last two days. We will not be coming back to Shutters due to this bad experience. Also hot tub was not even warm and pool was not very clean exercise room was a joke.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel was excellent!! I made our reservations 4 months in advance, based on reviews I tried to book a fourth floor corner room in the tower but none were available at the time. Sandy (at the front desk) suggested I call and check for cancellations from time to time which I did with no luck. A few days before our trip Sandy called me to say she was able to put us in a corner fourth floor room. Room was very nice, very clean and the bedding very comfortable. I love that the room was totally dark at night and so quiet that we slept like babies....absolutely NO outside noise. The entire staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast bar wasn't much but no big deal, we just ate breakfast at Sam and Omies instead. I suggest you try to stay in room 435, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Corner rooms in the tower building are the best and there is an extra window. Third and fourth floor...
2 Thank Brenda B
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Worth the money and would definitely stay here again!
A well-maintained property that provides a more than adequate-sized room within steps of the beach. A housekeeping staff that keeps the rooms spotless, including the bath (No mildewy showers here, as I've encountered even at large chain hotels). You can rent a beach chair, umbrella, etc and have it charged to your room: A nice convenience for those who are not frequent beach goers. Breakfast buffet was the basic one you find today in most hotels to keep them competitive.
Great location, no matter where you might venture during the day.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was excellent. Great service, great accommodation, everything was great. Ocean view was breathtaking. Price was affordable. I can give this hotel no bad reviews. We actually locked ourselves out of the room and when we went to the front desk we assumed we would have a bi hassle since we had no I.D. But there was no problem at all. Overall great stay.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

A clean and well presented place to stay, in the process of being updated. Our room was on level 3 of the tower block - with an excellent view of the beach and sunrise - it was definitely worth paying extra for the view. Breakfast was a basic buffet, but the waffle machine to make you own waffles was amazing. The staff were very helpful and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: 3rd floor tower block for a beach view was definitely worth it, there's nothing really really to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and we were not impressed. The manager closed the pool for 24 hours because of a tornado watch but the weather was gorgeous. Try explaining that to an 8 year old who loves to swim. The indoor pool was open but the water temperature was too cold to enjoy and it was overcrowded because the other pool was closed. At night, we heard a continuous roar from wind coming in a large crack in the door. We fixed it ourselves but inserting a paper plate in the crack. The beds were very hard so by the third night my back muscles were sore.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Terri C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,099 reviews
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,058 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
#3 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk

Been to Shutters on the Banks? Share your experiences!