This hotel did not disappoint. Like another reviewer stated when my husband and I visited it was chilly. We really loved our tower room with the ocean view and balcony. The only inconvenience was having workers paint at the elevator entrance. However, there were signs up about the hotel undergoing a renovation. After the workers completed the elevator entrance way, it looked nice with the fresh coat of paint. The front desk was friendly and helpful. I especially loved the extra blankets. They were perfect at nighttime. Another nice feature was the small fridge and microwave in the room. The location was great except we ended up driving at least 20-25 minutes to get to Nags Head. But in the hotels defense the beach was walking distance and if the weather had been warmer we would prefer the beach vs being on the road. Overall this hotel was a welcome retreat I'd definitely recommend it to friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills