My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in early September. We chose it because of the location, and the indoor pool. It had been promoted as a bed and breakfast, but was just an old hotel (formerly the Colony IV) which has been partly renovated, with a continental breakfast. Coffee & tea are available 24/7. The room had a strong smell of room freshener, and our luggage and all clothing had this smell by the time we left. The beds were not very comfortable, and the room (2 queens) did not have a chair or anywhere to sit besides the beds. We were in the main building, behind the check-in area. The lobby is really nice, and has a nice room with comfortable furniture and a fireplace, where we spent a lot of time sitting and reading in the evenings. They also have a great gazebo with a sea view, which was very enjoyable. We actually ended up not using the pool or hot tub, though they looked nice and clean. We probably will not stay here again, although other reviewers say the "tower rooms" are nicer and that might be worth a try, because the price is right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills