We had high expectations based upon the ratings on Trip Advisor and Colony IV didn't dissapoint us.
The hotel was very clean and well kept up. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our maid service did an excellent job with our room (which isn't an automatic with a 4 year staying there). Although we went during near peak and the room was on the top floor I fealt the price was not unreasonable.
Colony IV is a beach front hotel and our room had a direct view of the beach. Based upon review we opted for the top floor because of the cooling breeze and its view over the dunes. 1st and 2nd floors don't really have a view of the beach because the dunes are very high (although the dunes themselves are quite pleasent).
The pools were both nice despite there modest size. It was nice to have both the indoor and outdoor pool as one day it was sprinkling.
Breakfest was OK. There were few tables in the breakfest area which meant it wasn't always possible to find a place to sit if you went down during a busy time. The food was OK (my son enjoyed the ego waffles) but there was no fruit.
The internet in the room pretty much worked fine. I think there was a very short period of time when speeds were pretty low but in general it was snappy (I downloaded a number of TV shows from iTunes and it came down fairly quickly).
I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills