We just stayed at Colony IV this past weekend. The motel is very clean with great customer service. I debated a bit about whether to rate it a 3 or 4 but decided on a 3. The rooms were very nice and clean with plenty of towels, lotions, soaps ect.. The breakfast was average-muffins,cereal, toaster waffles, and bagels. The seating in the breakfast area is limited yet there are signs up requesting you don't take breakfast to your room. ( a little frustrating when there isn't a place to sit with a 6 yr old). The pool was nice outside, a liitle chilly, but nice when the sun is hot. The inside pool was COLD and appeared a liitle cloudy. I asked if the inside pool could be a little warmer our first day there but no change on day 2. Because we really like to spend some down time at the pool with our little girl, it really puts a kink in the fun when the inside pool is that cold. There is a hot tub in the inside pool area that is nice.
The motel is on the beach with well maintained walkways that have outside showers.
I would stay at Colony IV again, but would check out some other places first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills