“Nice breakfast spot.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar

Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hampton, Virginia
“Nice breakfast spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stopped at the Jolly Roger for breakfast. It is located on the beach road. The atmosphere is fun! Lots of christmas ornaments hanging from the ceiling and also a pirate theme. It's different, but hey, it's the beach! No complaints with the food, I had eggs, bacon, and spiced apples. Reasonably priced. You should try it out!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Oak Island, North Carolina
“Loud and poor food quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went here our first night. It was close to hotel and we didn't want to try and hunt a place after a long drive. The good points of this place is the eclectic interesting decor, the buffalo shrimp appetizer, and wonderful waitress. The bad, a rowdy bar crowd that spilled over into the dining area, bland crab bisque, salad made of bitter thick lettuce ends, and a rib eye my hubby couldn't even get down it was so grissely. We didn't finish our food or take it with us. Atmosphere of this restaurant was a bar that just happens to serve mediocre to blah food. Total costs of food was $55 for two entrees , two teas, and one appetizer.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JenNRob626
Richmond, Virginia
“Good and bad...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We've been here several times before with no issues. Food was always good and plentiful, service was fast and friendly. BUT this time was sooooooooo different. We went on the Friday before Valentines day and they had some great specials. We sat down and it took a while before a waitress took our drink order. Then we finally got drinks and it took even longer to place our dinner order. Once we ordered dinner, we waited and waited and after 45 minutes it came out. There was a problem with my order, no biggie.. I explained to the waitress that my lobster was missing a claw.. thats like someone only getting half a burger!! She looked at me like I had 10 heads then said she would see what she could do. A few min later she came out from the kitchen and proceded to tell me that "that's just how they come sometimes.".. Ummmmmm I'm sorry, but thats almost half of my dinner that I'm missing, maybe the cook shouldn't serve a one clawed lobster. And I'll give the cook the benefit of the doubt, maybe he didn't see it. Thats fine, just give me another claw. (which was totally feasable since they were serving just lobster claws as an appetizer special). The waitress wanted to stand there and argue with me about one clawed lobsters.. I finally made my point and she stormed off into the kitchen and a few minutes later I had another claw. I'm not one to complain about food. A lil to rare, a lil too cooked.. whatever. But missing food with an arguement to boot?? C'mon!!! I'm not saying we'll never go back. The food, service, prices and atmosphere are USUALLY really good. I'm hoping this was just a one time thing..

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jaymie z
Suffolk, Virginia
“Best Breakfast In Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Wonderful waitstaff! Terrific Service! Friendly atmosphere! Great Food! Thanks to the folks @ Jolly Rogers for helping the "Birthday Princess" celebrate my 40th!! See you again soon!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank William H
Front Royal, VA
“Great Value, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Where do I begin? First, we got free breakfast vouchers from our hotel. We enjoyed bfast here each morning. It was delicious!! My boyfriend and I each picked a different entree and got an extra plate and split them. The night we got into town, they were offering a special for a 10 OZ prime rib for 9.99. It came with 2 sides...and was delicious!! Where else can you eat for two and leave with a total of less than 30 dollars?? On Sat night they had lobster specials...but we did not get to enjoy since we went to another restaurant. When we go back, we will check out the great deal on Lobster night!! FYI Breakfast pancake entree are 3 HUGE pancakes that are the size of a dinner plate!! Love this place and can't wait to go back!! Service was excellent as well.

Visited March 2014