“Quirky....AAARRGH!”

Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
“Quirky....AAARRGH!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were planning on a late dinner and headed to Jolly Roger. It was a short wait for a table, but the main entrance had lots of knick knacks for sale that kept the girls occupied while waiting. The hostess was dressed like a pirate complete with eye patch. The decor is definitely quirky bordering on tacky, and yet somehow makes you feel like you are on a pirate ship. The prime rib was on special 10 oz for $10..it was a $10 steak. It tasted over cooked but wasn't. Tough and not hot when it reached the table. The veggie side of the evening was green beans...which I love, but these came from a can or had been stewing all day long. Mushy and tasted of a can. The appetizers were huge portions. I had the clam chowder, which was good, the breaded mushrooms and cheeses bread not so good. My prime rib came came with scallops, which I asked to be broiled. They had no flavor. The very best part of the meal came at the end in the form of carrot cake. It was great!!! We had a 1/2 price coupon for appetizers and this was not taken off our bill...but we did not notice until we had already settled up. We had to experience it, but now that we have I don't think we would return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BinMcKin

“Best breakfast deal we had all week.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Lots of food. Best prices we paid for breakfast all week. Quirky atmosphere. Good service. Spinach and feta omelette was delicious. Michelle the waitress was great. You can get decent breakfast for 2.99. Michelle told us about Friday dinner special and invited us to ask for her and she will give us a special on an appetizer. Will be 1st place we eat at again.

• Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So so”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Atmosphere is was kinda of quirky, but the food was good, especially the crab legs. It was crowded, even for a late dinner, but we didn't have to wait long. Parking is a bit congested.

Visited September 2013
Evans City, Pennsylvania
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was one of my favorite places to eat this past trip to the Outer Banks, I have been there before but it was definitely working for me this past time. We ate dinner here twice. I think the amount of food you get is incredible! They serve delicious garlic bread to the whole table and then you get your meal on top of it! My favorite meal was the fried shrimp dinner which comes with two sides and hushpuppies. I thought the food was terrific, especially the cole slaw (mmm, this is always hit or miss for me but they definitely got it right). Fun place, good food, sign me up!

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC Area
“Disappointing fight with Flies”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and sat at the bar. The bar chair and the wall behind them leave very little room for people trying to get by so most of the time they touch you as they wiggle by. The place was teaming with flies and looked like it was accepted by the staff and patrons alike. Took forever to get a beer ordered from the bartender who was struggling to serve food and drinks from behind the bar. It was not that busy but it was a struggle just the same for him. I received my beer from the bartender and of course it was not what I ordered, but drank it anyway. I ordered a fish sandwich which came out quicker than I could get a beer. It was fine except for the constant fight with the flies.I wonder what the kitchen looks like ? Also I was given a squeeze bottle of tartar sauce and was told by the bartender that I need to keep banging it on the bar to get the relish out of the bottle because the tip was too small. So I took the tip off the bottle and solved the problem. I would not return to this place and do not recommend it.

• Visited August 2013