“Great food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was one of my favorite places to eat this past trip to the Outer Banks, I have been there before but it was definitely working for me this past time. We ate dinner here twice. I think the amount of food you get is incredible! They serve delicious garlic bread to the whole table and then you get your meal on top of it! My favorite meal was the fried shrimp dinner which comes with two sides and hushpuppies. I thought the food was terrific, especially the cole slaw (mmm, this is always hit or miss for me but they definitely got it right). Fun place, good food, sign me up!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and sat at the bar. The bar chair and the wall behind them leave very little room for people trying to get by so most of the time they touch you as they wiggle by. The place was teaming with flies and looked like it was accepted by the staff and patrons alike. Took forever to get a beer ordered from the bartender who was struggling to serve food and drinks from behind the bar. It was not that busy but it was a struggle just the same for him. I received my beer from the bartender and of course it was not what I ordered, but drank it anyway. I ordered a fish sandwich which came out quicker than I could get a beer. It was fine except for the constant fight with the flies.I wonder what the kitchen looks like ? Also I was given a squeeze bottle of tartar sauce and was told by the bartender that I need to keep banging it on the bar to get the relish out of the bottle because the tip was too small. So I took the tip off the bottle and solved the problem. I would not return to this place and do not recommend it.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was surprised that an Italian restaurant was hidden within a place called the Jolly Roger! The food was good even if the service was slow. The décor kept you entertained. We ate in a Christmas themed room!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not impressed with food ordered broiled seafood platter and growing up on the water and working in a seafood restraint this food was about a 3 on 1 trough 10 and high price. Great service nice people, only thing was the local drunks werea little out of control had my doughter whith me no respect. But great for singles

Reviewed September 3, 2013

In an outer banks world of too many fried foods, we lucked out stumbling upon this reasonably priced, fun atmosphere, cozy booths, crazy Christmas balls hanging from the ceiling, hate to see the dust in the daylight place enroute close to the movie theatre in KDH. My lightly dressed as requested chicken caesar was only $7.99 and there had to be 1.5 chicken breasts on top. It was delicious and fresh as was my husband's chef salad. Our waiter was brand new and so polite and well trained. The manager was really on top of things and was working hard to help him take great care of us. Service was prompt and excellent. We would go back for the menu variety, healthy choices, and ambience. It's tough to be a healthy tourist in a fried food world :-) but don't feel too sorry for me. BTW, it's on the beach road and that's a welcome relief from that awful strip for people like us.