“Staff seemed Overwhelmed ”

Rooster's Southern Kitchen
Description: Rooster's Southern Kitchen is a brand new restaurant run by local owners. It is now open daily from 11:30 am to 10:00pm! Music starts at 6/7 pm nightly. Large parties are welcome (parties of 11 or more, call to make reservation). Make history and be our first ever customers. We are located at milepost 8 3/4 in downtown Kill Devil Hills. Thank you in advance for your support!
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

My friends really hyped Roosters up, so I was Excited. Sadly, turned to total disappointment. Took Forever to get our food as we watched tables that came in after us get there’s. Now our food comes. My order was wrong. She took the plate and I waited as everyone ate. She finally returned and it was just ok. Also when you Offer sides, you should remember to bring them with your meal. I still don’t know how the cheesy grits tasted and I won’t know.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at Rooster’s, there was live entertainment, as well. Portions were large and the prices were good. Didn’t have to wait long on our food and the service was also good.

1  Thank OneBlessedMomma
Reviewed October 9, 2018

The four of us stopped for dinner at Roosters and we were all happy with our meals. I had one of the specials the turkey dinner, it was ok. My Wife and one other person got the Brisket sandwich which they enjoyed, and one other person got the Meatloaf platter and she raved over it, she really enjoyed it. The restaurant is a nice place and our server was very helpful and pleasant. I would go back again.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

The best brunch we’ve ever had. $5 build your own mimosas was perfect with fruit and different types of juice to add. The food was just absolutely delicious and perfectly portioned. Will definitely be back again in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Just had a late lunch there but food so bad we couldn't eat it. Had the "flounder" Friday special--must have been frozen white fish, mushy and tasteless. Sides were OK but drab and looked old. Went here based on other reviews. OMGosh - worst food ever had on the OBX.