See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2015

Amazing place to stay!! For TRAVELERS. No maid service, no stuffy receptionist. Just a quaint, home away from home for you and your travel companions. George, the inn keeper is so great!!! Very accommodating, great for food recommendations, etc. He even let my husband Alex in on some of his favorite local surf spots. We utilized the well stocked kitchen (electric grill outside), and beach chairs, bikes and umbrellas. We thoroughly enjoyed the overall vibe of this renovated inn and meeting the other guests. We even used some fresh veggies from George's garden. If you are a traveler, looking for a authentic OBX experience..look no further!!

Side note: to people complaining about not having maid service and breakfast.. Go stay at the Comfort Inn with the other tourists and leave this place to the travelers!!!

Room tip: Front porch is great! The bed is very comfortable.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2015 via mobile

My son and I stayed here for the second time this summer, and we really loved it. George-the owner- does a great job with the inn and provides great amenities (bikes, coolers, umbrellas for the beach). The inn is only a couple minute walk to the beach, so you don't have to fight parking lots when going to the nearby beach access. There's a grill outside and plenty of cookware and dishes in the kitchen if you want to stay in for a meal. There are 2 enclosed showers outside along with a hose- great for those beach days when you're bringing half the sand back with you! The rooms are clean and homey- a little small, but that's not an issue with us coz we're there for the beach, not to be inside all day.

I'm very pleased with our stay here- you will be too!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2015

Let's start with the bad. The front steps are awfully steep. As for the good, everything else is good. All the amenities are there including Wi-Fi, personal heating and cooling, a small refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker, etc., but the attention to detail is remarkable. While bath (not beach) towels are provided, it's noteworthy that the towels are really of good quality. Want a beach chair to take to the beach? Help yourself. Would you like a beach umbrella? Help yourself. Fill a cooler from the ice maker to take to the beach. Care to bicycle around the island? Help yourself. The outside showers are good enough that some folks actually use them instead of the apartment shower. Would you like to grill something? There are grills in the back yard. Be sure to admire the fence enclosing the backyard. It's a masterpiece. Enjoy the hammock while you're in the backyard. If you want to prepare a meal, use the large, common kitchen and admire the wall hangings in the common areas and in your apartment. This is really a first-class operation.

Room tip: Look at the web site and decide which apartment you'd like.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhilipN470
Reviewed April 14, 2015 via mobile

Cute little inn!!! I've stayed here multiple times. I love the beachy feel and decor. The owners are wonderful too. I love the walk to the beach. This BnB is centrally located so u can get anywhere pretty easy. Hope to get back and stay again soon.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2014

Oct 2014. I spent a few pleasant nights in the Front Porch room. The bed and pillows were comfy. The room and bath were clean. I enjoyed the fridge and coffee maker. The common kitchen was very nice. I rode one of the inn's bikes all over the town --the pink bike. I spent a few hours in the hammock in the private backyard. The inn is a block and steps to the beach. George, the inn keeper, guided me to good local places to eat. This former lifeguard boarding house was rustic and appealing.

Room tip: I liked the Front Porch