“a great find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantic Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kill Devil Hills
Atlantic Street Inn
Canton, North Carolina, United States
“a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

my husband and i stayed here the week of October 17th for our anniversary. we found it online and the price was right so we went for it. when we got there we met the owner who was very friendly and helpful when we asked about local places to eat and thigns to see. we stayed in the sowester room. a bit small but i definatley don't feel misled by the description to think that it was going to be a huge room anyway. we had plenty or room for the amount of time we spent in the room. some of the other guests there showed us there rooms and all of the ones downstairs had more than enough room to spread out (but if you are on vacation shouldn't you be outside of your room some anyways?!?!) bed was very comfortable, mini fridge was nice to have there. extra towels were available in the downstairs "community" bathroom. although we didnb't use the kitchen it was very clean and well stocked with dishes/pots and pans etc. they even had small drink coolers for you to borrow so you didn't have to bring your own. (ice maker to fill them as well) chairs and bikes are available for guests use as well. we enjoyed that. GREAT BACK YARD. if you were going with a large group it would be great to cook out and enjoy the yard. Overall it was very satisfying. comfy bed, supplied well and friendly owner. would definatley recommend and return. and so close to the beach access!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Greer, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I knew it was a BYOB (bring your own breakfast) inn but I didn't know it was a BYOH (bring your own housekeeper) too. That was the only drawback for me. No daily maid service but there was a steady supply of clean towels. Great location to the beach & the inn supplied chairs, umbrellas & coolers. The backyard area is lovely. Rooms are small but the beds are clean & comfy. I felt the bathroom walls could have used a wipedown but still I would recommend it. It' a good place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy P
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was looking for a decent place to stay that was close to the beach. I was concerned about prices because everything else I had seen had been ridiculously high for the type of properties and the conditions of the properties. I then found the Atlantic Street in after a lot of research and called up the owner. I was in desperate need for a place and he had one spot available - I snatched it. When the day arrived when I needed my holiday I drove down to the OBX and waited for George. I was expecting a bit of a wait but was then shocked that he pulled in 30 seconds later (this is good). He gave us a nice tour of the place and told us the history of the property. It was very well maintained and we could tell he put in a lot of work - essentially ripping out the interior and leaving the bones and remodeling the home the way he liked it. We booked the Master Suite. It is well appointed with enough room for our suitcases. There was a TV, Refrigerator, and Microwave which was great as far as convenience goes. The bathroom was well lit and was very functional. I would only caution turning the AC down as it leaves the room very stuffy and muggy. This place allows you close access to the beach (as in a 5 minute walk), complete use of amenities which include the stove, pots and pans, silverware, ice machine - basically all of your kitchen needs are taken care of which was fabulous for us to cook our own meals and limit going out to eat. We saved quite a bit of money in that regard. In addition to that there are 2 grills outside and beach tents and bikes. All of what you need is in this B&B. I'll go to this place when I'm able to go back to the OBX - until then - don't tell everyone about it:o).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank remadrid17
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

George's 1920's era renovated former lifeguard boarding house is a treasure. The place is casual, but clean, inviting and a little eclectic. There is a full kitchen for guests to use on the first floor, a beautiful backyard to relax in, and George even provides some beach chairs, umbrellas and even bikes for guests to use at no extra charge! Oh yeah, it's also two blocks from the beach. We've stayed here twice, and loved it both times. You will, too!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank davidericgellman
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We rode into town after 7 hours on a motorcycle, didn't know where to stay, saw a bunch of dumps, found this Inn in a book, and called George. He couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the room upstairs in the back, and liked it so much we stayed a second night in the front porch room. Clean, cozy, laid back, with everything we needed. The double hammock was unbelievable under a starry sky, and the beach sunrise two blocks down was amazing. If you want a sit down breakfast and pampering, don't stay here. If you want a clean room and great bed, and golden waffle or pancakes at Stack 'Em High across the street, this is the place to stay. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The inn was the lifeguard's house before George renovated it. Charming atmosphere with original artwork, roomy downstairs kitchen, comfortable beds, kitchenette in room, big backyard with tables and chairs, beach umbrellas, bikes, etc.--he provides everything you need for a wonderful, relaxing stay at the beach. We don't even think of looking elsewhere. Best bargain, but please...don't tell the others.

Room Tip: All the rooms we've stayed in have beeb great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Heathsville, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We wanted to join friends for a spur of the moment (5 days notice) trip to the beach for the week-end. Most things were booked, being the height of the summer. I found this tiny place on VRBO.com which listed it as a B & B (with no breakfast). For the price $149/night before taxes, it was pretty bad. Sandy floors, TINY room, skimpy towels, miniscule shower. Hardly room to put down your luggage. Never saw the owner....we talked on phones...he left the key. The bed was very comfortable....that's about it. There was a kitchen available for our use....but we spent as little time possible there. It was also quiet. In dire need of a do-over - at least paint and new floors. So if you just need a place to sleep, and you can't find any other place, go for it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
atlanticstreetinn, Owner at Atlantic Street Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Wow! I don't quite know how to respond to my first some what negative review. But I guess it was just a matter of time before somebody complained about something. In breaking it down, I don't know if I could have done anything different. Cleanliness is our #1 priority and keeping sand out of the house is a constant battle considering our location. There is not much we can do about the size of our smaller rooms and most people actually like the rustic decor. I am just sorry I did not get a chance to meet these guests in person. Never the less, I appreciate the feed back and all reviews ( Positive or Negative) are noted.
George
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
#2 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,340 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews
Outer Banks Inn
Outer Banks Inn
#10 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Atlantic Street Inn? Share your experiences!