“Beautiful inn with pool on Colington Creek centrally located in North Carolina's outerbanks”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kill Devil Hills
Colington Creek Inn
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Large spacious room with large private bath. Screened in porch outside of each of the 4 rooms. Excellent breakfasts and wobderful inn keepers attend to guests very well!!! Enjoyed the wibe abd chese afternoon snacks and evening treats!! True southrtn hospitality!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at this B & B while visiting my son July 18-22, 2012. Having stayed at many B & B's I was expecting it to be nice, but quite honestly, I was blown away by just HOW NICE!! Mae met me at the door and I felt like I was coming home. To say that the place is clean is a gross understatement!! I have cleaned houses in the past as a business and this place was beyond immaculate. The attention to detail is noticeable from the quality of the sheets to the beautiful presentation of the delicious breakfast. Each evening there was a delectable treat left on the counter to enjoy as dessert or a late night treat. The inn is peaceful and cozy and the water views are exceptional. A rainy afternoon was perfect for snuggling on the sofa with a stack of magazines and a snack to nibble on. Now if only I can get Mae to adopt me......

Room Tip: There were no bad rooms!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank feistjeanne
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this very quaint and relaxing Inn. This was our first trip to Outer Banks and our first vacation without kids! When looking for a place to stay, we found it difficult to find lodging for just 2 people without staying in some run-down beach property. Being used to renting beach houses, condos, etc... we wanted to try something different. I was so pleased to come across Colington Inn and we were not disappointed in our choice. We felt very pampered and relaxed during our stay. We stayed in the island room which was beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The view was breathtaking from the sunporch. We didn't realize the porches were not private to each suite but it didn't effect our stay as we were the only ones using our porch for 4 of the 5 nights we were there.Breakfast was served each morning on our porch looking out over the sound. We were even treated to a school of dolphins in the sound one morning after breakfast!!! Breakfast is deliciously prepared by the innkeeper, Mae, and served by her cheerful and accommodating helper, Theresa. What a delight! We enjoyed each of her yummy meals including sweet potato pancakes, quiche, fruit, omelets,etc.... Each evening we were greeted back to the Inn after a day of fun with some type of dessert treat. Mae and her husband Bob were very cordial and try very hard to please their guests. You are made to feel welcome the minute you walk in. The Inn is kept very clean and will offer you great respite. It is just off the beaten path from the craziness of a resort area but close enough to the beach, shopping, dining, etc... Make sure you dine at Colington Cafe during your stay, which is a few minutes down the road. Also, not mentioned in the amenities is a very nice inground pool which was a welcome treat after a hot day on the beach. We will most definitely return as soon as we can. Never felt so well rested and cared for as when we left there....Thanks again Mae and Bob and keep up the great work!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the Inn are the more quiet rooms with better views.
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Believe the reviews. This place is amazing. I have never met more doting and for the customer inn keepers as Bob and Mae. They both truly go above and beyond for their guests and the breakfasts are superb here. The inn itself is extremely clean. It is fairly new, I believe built in '05. There is a dock where we caught crab, croaker, sheepshead, sea mullet and a sting ray! Squid seemed to be the best bait (there is a bait store right down the street to purchase bait for cheap). All of the rooms have water views, the BEST water views are going to be the Wedding room and the Island room; these rooms face the sound directly whereas the Shell and Boat room are on the bridge/sound side. There is also a pool here for use that is not listed on the site! We were here on our anniversary and Mae brought us two bottles of champagne on the first day, so we had mimosas with our breakfast every morning. There are refrigerators in every room so bring some drinks :) We would definitely stay here again, it was so nice to have such accomodating hosts and being close to all the main attractions.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was only the second time ever that we have stayed in a bed and breakfast...we are becoming spoiled! The Colington Creek Inn is immaculately clean and very well appointed. Our room was quiet, the bed was comfortable and the temperature in the room was perfect. LOVED the adjoining sunporch for having a quiet time in the morning. Coffee was already ready for us when we got up. Each breakfast was delicious and perfectly portioned and the evening snacks became something we looked forward to...vanilla mousse, home-made brownies...The owners, Mae and Bob were delightful and friendly as were their staff! So thankful we found this place and hope to be back again soon! Places like the Colington Creek Inn make me never want to stay in a hotel again!

Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

We loved this quiet, off beach refuge. Great for couples seeking a romantic setting. Mae and Bob could not be nicer. Clean as a whistle. Near a wonderful bike path. Simply a terrific B and B!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary at Colington Creek Inn. I had never visited the Outer Banks before and could not have been more delighted. We had never really had a B&B experience and now we will be spoiled. The breakfasts were great although a little late (9am) for me. We had sweet potato pancakes, french toast, and quiche. There was fresh squeezed OJ and a fruit and a meat most mornings. They were delicious. There was a wonderful porch for every room. They were not private like we thought but who cares. We got to speak to our neighbors and just enjoy the scenery. It was perfect. We spent a lot of time on the porches. It is probably the cleanest place that you will ever stay in. It has been opened for 6 years and you couldn't tell the age. Mae and Bob take great care of the place. They are also great hosts. We didn't see to much of Bob but Mae was there for any questions that we had. I would highly recommend this inn and can't wait to return to the Outer Banks.

Room Tip: Choose one on the backside so that you are not staring at the street from the porch. The wedding roo...
1  Thank lilone2002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
#1 of 9 in Manteo
First Colony Inn
First Colony Inn
#1 of 5 in Nags Head

Been to Colington Creek Inn? Share your experiences!