The Cavalier Motel is, as far as I know, the only motel in Kitty Hawk, Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills where you can have an unobstructed view (no dune) of the ocean from your room and the huge porch that runs along the length of the oceanside rooms. It is an older motel so don't expect 5-star accommodations, but it's clean, the service is great, and the view phenomenal. We spent every morning sitting back in the adirondack chairs watching the sunrise over the ocean. The ocean is just a short stones-throw away! It's wonderful to sit back and watch the kites fly, the surf fishermen, the parasailers, and surfboarders. This motel takes you back in time.....what a wonderful trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your "home away from home" awaits you at The Cavalier By The Sea. Friendly service is our hallmark. We believe at the end of your stay you will be satisfied and refreshed and not quite ready to leave.... and you will find yourself returning year after year as do hundreds of our previous and now regular guests. Cavalier By The Sea offers a family atmosphere. For your enjoyment we have a large swimming pool for adults, a small one for the kiddies and a large play ground equipped with swings, slides, a giant ship for the kids, shuffleboard, volleyball and picnic tables. We have comfortable rooms with queen and double beds, cable TV, microwaves and refrigerators. We also have efficiencies and two & three-bedroom cottages including living room, kitchen, and bath completely furnished for light housekeeping. You will be right on the ocean and have only a few feet to walk to enjoy it to your heart's content whether it be swimming, wading, sun bathing or surfcasting. Or if you prefer not to walk at all, enjoy watching the ocean from your front porch in our very popular ocean front rooms which, unlike most "ocean front" rooms, sit right on the beach with no dunes to block your view. We are located on the "Ocean Side" of Virginia Dare Trail (Hwy. 12) at the 8.5 mile post, diagonally across from Wright Memorial Monument and opposite the Port O'Call Restaurant. Located in the center of the Outer Banks beaches, we provide a convenient place to make your headquarters while taking short trips to other points of interest in the area, such as Roanoke Island, Hatteras and Ocracoke. Golf courses, fishing piers, deep sea, sound and inlet fishing centers, souvenir shopping, and recreational areas are readily accessible. We are open all year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Motel Kill Devil Hills
- Cavalier Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Cavalier By The Sea Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills