Depending on what you're looking for in a motel.....if you're looking for a vintage feel, quaint rooms, the ocean at your front door with no dune, wonderful staff....the is THE place to stay. Built in the 50's, family-owned......much more to offer than the cookie-cutter condos or hotels where staying on the 3rd or 4th floor is the only way to have an ocean view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your "home away from home" awaits you at The Cavalier By The Sea. Friendly service is our hallmark. We believe at the end of your stay you will be satisfied and refreshed and not quite ready to leave.... and you will find yourself returning year after year as do hundreds of our previous and now regular guests. Cavalier By The Sea offers a family atmosphere. For your enjoyment we have a large swimming pool for adults, a small one for the kiddies and a large play ground equipped with swings, slides, a giant ship for the kids, shuffleboard, volleyball and picnic tables. We have comfortable rooms with queen and double beds, cable TV, microwaves and refrigerators. We also have efficiencies and two & three-bedroom cottages including living room, kitchen, and bath completely furnished for light housekeeping. You will be right on the ocean and have only a few feet to walk to enjoy it to your heart's content whether it be swimming, wading, sun bathing or surfcasting. Or if you prefer not to walk at all, enjoy watching the ocean from your front porch in our very popular ocean front rooms which, unlike most "ocean front" rooms, sit right on the beach with no dunes to block your view. We are located on the "Ocean Side" of Virginia Dare Trail (Hwy. 12) at the 8.5 mile post, diagonally across from Wright Memorial Monument and opposite the Port O'Call Restaurant. Located in the center of the Outer Banks beaches, we provide a convenient place to make your headquarters while taking short trips to other points of interest in the area, such as Roanoke Island, Hatteras and Ocracoke. Golf courses, fishing piers, deep sea, sound and inlet fishing centers, souvenir shopping, and recreational areas are readily accessible. We are open all year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Motel Kill Devil Hills
- Cavalier Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Cavalier By The Sea Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills