“An absolute must try!!!”
Review of The Saltbox Cafe

The Saltbox Cafe
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday and brunch on Sunday in the heart of Colington Island! Stop on in to taste an array of eats from Chefs and Owners, Randolph Sprinkle & Amanda Wolf. You won't be disappointed We accept reservations!
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We saw this place had really great reviews so we made the effort to try it. When we arrived we thought we had the wrong place. Only because the pictures of the food and reviews did not quite match the exterior. BUT DONT LET THE APPEARANCE DECIVE YOU. Walking in the place is adorable. And the food is literally out of this world!!! Everything is extremely fresh and well prepared. It is extremely apparent whoever is in that kitchen has experience, schooling, and a gift with food. Try the hummus appetizer you will be glad you did. The onion rings were the best I've ever had. My husband had the shrimp and grits, I had the eggplant stack. Both were incredible. Will be back every time I visit outer banks from here on out!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family had dinner here one night in July 2014. Delicious food and pleasant casual decor. My husband had the Grouper which he said was outstanding. I had stacked crab cakes with heirloom tomatoes which was delicious, but was made mostly of backfin and not lump crabmeat, which was disappointing. My daughter had a stack of grilled eggplant, crispy heirloom tomates with goat cheese which was also outstanding. Overall their food is very good and creative. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The chef at The Saltbox is committed to locally sourced and fresh fish and vegetables. Flounder was excellent!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Went in for breakfast and was a little skeptical because it was empty. Food was fresh and fantastic! The owner came out after we ate and made us feel right at home. Great hospitality and service! Small local feel but big flavor & attention to detail! Will definitely be back

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were so pleased to take our family out for a special dinner during their visit and have such a wonderful experience. We shared the New Orleans BBQ shrimp as an appetizer and the seasoning was perfect. The portion was a little small to share, but we all saved our appetites for the entree. Our server was very attentive and quickly served our granddaughter her grilled cheese with a side of fruit which was really yummy. Our group savored the crabcake stack, NC grouper, and NC BBQ chicken. All of us rated our meals as fresh, tasty, and memorable. We passed on desserts this time, but I look forward to returning and continuing to sample the fine offerings at this new hidden gem.