“Great Staff, Terrific Room, Super Stay”
Review of Sea Ranch Resort

Sea Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We took advantage of a Groupon & stayed here, having driven past it for years. What a nice surprise! Our room, second-floor, oceanfront, was spotless, spacious, comfortable and quiet. We slept with our balcony door open at night - and woke to gorgeous, peaceful sunrises. The staff, especially Cindy at Reception and our server at breakfast, Garrett, were incredibly friendly and helpful. Breakfast on the beach is such a great way to start a day! We'll definitely stay with the folks at Sea Ranch again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank DaquoiseetGenoise
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

We are delighted to read all the kind words regarding your room, the staff and your overall stay! .Thank you for your time and consideration. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My sister and I took a small vacation in the fall and not knowing what would be a good place to stay decided on Sea Ranch Resort. To our delight it was a good pick! The room was clean and roomy and we had a balcony room and the view was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: any room with a balcony I think would be nice but it is right on the beach so any room would be nice...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you and your sister had such a nice stay! We hope you all will be able to return soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

From the minute my sister and I opened the door to the room and seen the ocean right at the patio was just what we had wanted in this vacation. Sitting there every morning and watching the sun rise was amazing. We would snap pictures on our phones and send to friends and family back home who were working. The lady who cleaned the room was so outstanding and when we left a note asking for extra packs of coffee we enjoyed reading the note she left. She gave it a personal experience as though it were a friend taking care of us. Thanks, for everything and the enjoyable stay. Will recommend this resort to anyone who says they are thinking of taking a trip to the outer banks.

Room Tip: If you want to feel as though you are sleeping on the beach ask for a room with the ocean view on th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

my wife and I are enjoying a get away from the kids....our second time stating here. The room is spacious. Accomodations are adequate, though far from luxurious. Still, we are comfortable here. Last nite we decided to stay here for dinner. A friend had told me the food was very good, and since we didn't have to drive, we could enjoy a drink or two. The restaurant was crowded, so the service was a little slow....no biggie....we were on vacation and in no hurry. The food was good, not great....but like the accomodations, adequate. The surprise was when it was time to pay the bill. The hotel has flyers in the rooms(at least two) and in the elevators that tell you to join them in the restaurant....if you present your room key, you will receive 15% off of your entire bill. There is no small print. There is no asterisk. When we presented our room key, our server notified us that this is only honored until 6pm. Huh??? We were surprised...but we didn't have the room flyers with us...so we paid our tab and retreated to our room....wanting to check and see if we had "missed" anything. Well, in the elevator, we looked at the same wall poster...no mention of "only available before 6pm"...and once in our room....same thing. Neither of the flyers mentioned the 6pm rule. I called the front desk to speak to the nice and helpful lady there....I asked if she was aware that the restaurant was not honoring the 15% off for hotel guests. She said, "well, that is only good until 6pm." I told her that this was not mentioned in ANY of their promotional info and was misleading. Her reply??? "Well, I guess I will have to make a note of that."

So, be aware. And to the Sea Ranch and to their restaurant....misleading your customers does NOT bring many happy recommendations. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....yeah...it aint gonna happen again....

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonny M

I'd like to apologize for this miscommunication. You are correct, the flyer in the elevator did not state the 6PM restriction. All of our materials have now been updated to reflect the details and restrictions. We value you as a guest of our resort and hope that you will forgive this oversight and consider returning. Please contact me if there is anything I can do to help you!

Best regards.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband & I booked a king oceanfront room for our anniversary weekend. We booked through expedia because the hotel said they didn't have any rooms left. I questioned expedia when we booked how they could sell a room that was sold out. They said they purchase blocks of rooms from the hotels that they can sell. Upon arriving on Friday at 4, we were told they were out of the room we booked so they were "upgrading" us to a 2 room condo. We got into the condo to find a dirty smell, outdated cabinets, very worn furniture & a ripped screen on the balcony that was glass enclosed. The room we booked & saw on the website showed all rooms renovated in spring of 2012. This hadn't seen an upgrade ever. We contacted expedia immediately who contacted the hotel but they said they had no other accommodations. No one ever responded how our room was given to someone else. After an hour, the hotel agreed to refund our money in full. My husband & I drive from hotel to hotel to find some place that wasn't booked as there was the Taste of OBX going on this same weekend. I'm not sure who to blame for this, expedia or the hotel but ultimately, I blame the hotel for apparently overbooking rooms that were not available. And also that they thought we were so gullible to think they were actually upgrading us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Becky B

I am very sorry that your reservation booked through Expedia became so problematic. As we do allocate/block a number of rooms to third party booking agencies, there is the occasional overbooking because they are not directly tied into our availability. I am sorry that the two bedroom suite that you were offered did not meet your expectations.

Our hotel guest rooms on the oceanfront were completely renovated in 2012 as the first phase of our three part renovation. This winter, the same process took place in our Oceanside (main building) hotel guest rooms and the suites will be the next phase.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your experience, if you could please contact me, Barbara at the Sea Ranch. I'd like to extend an offer to have you back to have a positive experience and enjoy the restaurant and other amenities offered here.

Best regards.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

While travelling in the coldest part of february it seems, our spirits were warmed by the warm and friendly staff of Sea Ranch. I loved the 2 doors on the room giving us a great view of all things Kitty Hawk. Laying in bed and seeing the sun come up was magic for this Northern Climate girl desperate for the warmth of the south. Alas we braved the bitter cold and stood out on the deck to watch the sun rise. Thank you to the Lady at the front desk for giving me this spectacular view. The staff was just fantastic. We ate a meal in the bar downstairs one night and thoroughly enjoyed the local feeling of friendliness there. The waiter/bartender was awesome. Especially when this tired soul had a duh moment and left her purse in the bar. He ran after us to the hall almost immediately. Thank you. I said it before and I will say it again. I have never met an American I didn't like. So friendly and helpful. I bet this is a happening spot in the summer.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor for an awesome view. Go when its warmer out.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crashtester9
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thanks for your review! I hope you be able to return for a summer getaway and see for yourself how fun summer is here on the Outer Banks. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. They all work very hard to deliver you (our guests) with a pleasurable experience! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my first time ever to the outer banks and I did a lot of research on hotels. When my boyfriend and I decided on the sea ranch resort little did I know it was going to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The people that work in this hotel are so friendly! If you have any questions about anything they will try and answer them! Even when we checked in at 2 am the front desk guy was very friendly. :) it is very close to everything! they also upgraded us for free. So we ended up getting the balcony room. I was so excited that we actually got the balcony because we had almost 70 degree weather in march, so we spent a lot of time out there. we will most certainly be coming back to the sea ranch resort.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jbdenny1292

I am very happy to hear that we were able to exceed all of your expectations during your visit. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Sea Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!