My wife and I stayed here since we found a great deal on Groupon in which we got two discounted nights. We went between Christmas and New Years and debated about staying for a third night for the full price. But after staying for the two nights, we're glad we didn't stay for a third night.
Everything with the hotel looked great at first. The location is nice that it is fairly close to the Wright Brothers Memorial Park. The building and the room was in great shape with modern furniture, linens and TV. The bathroom was also very nice and very clean. Another good surprise ended up being the included breakfast. Because it was the off season, the in-hotel wasn't open so instead we ended up eating at the Jolly Roger down the road. It ended up being a very filling breakfast and was very delicious! But that's more about the restaurant, it was nice that the hotel provided it though.
But more about our room. Looking a little closer, it wasn't the cleanest of conditions. We ended up finding a small black ant on the night stand between the beds one time. Luckily it was just one and didn't see anymore. However, towards the end of our stay, in looking to see if anything had fallen under the beds, I found why the ant was there. There were a lot of crumbs by the edge of the frame (it was a frame where a board when all the way down to the floor so that nothing would fall under the bed). We were also turned off that in the wing part (not oceanfront) there was not an elevator.
My rating here is mostly based on finding all of the crumbs and dirt. I didn't give it the lowest though because it was pretty nice for the hotel to provide a good substantial breakfast in place of the in-hotel place. So, we were both glad that we got this room as a Groupon deal, and wouldn't have stayed there at full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the room accommodations that reflect a coastal color palette and modern room finishes that will create a relaxing and comfortable space for your stay. Convenient on-site amenities include an enclosed heated pool (seasonal),fitness center, outside picnic area and grill. The Sea Ranch also welcomes you to our oceanfront restaurant, the Beachside Bistro, which offers a delightful menu with a focus on American Coastal Cuisine. Join us in the dining room or on our deck where you can soak in the beautiful ocean view! Beachfront Resort: All rooms on the oceanfront and main building include: microwaves, refrigerators, Cable TV and Internet. Oceanfront Suites: 2 BR / 2 Bath fully equipped, condo style suites. Each suite offers a fully equipped kitchen, washer & dryer and living room with a sleeper sofa! Minimum of a 2 night stay required in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Sea Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Ranch Resort Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills