Sea Ranch Resort
$110
Good 3.5/5
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$111
BestWestern.com
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$85
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
$89
Good 3.5/5
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$76
$105
Good 3.5/5
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
$100
$75
Travelocity
Average 3/5
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$95
Very Good 4/5
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$107
Very Good 4/5
The Golden Strand(Kill Devil Hills)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbeachside bistroocean frontoceanfront roomthe jolly rogerroom was cleanthe outer banksindoor poolon site restaurantoff seasonhigh tidemain buildingking bedbeach sidesecond floormini fridgestaff was friendlyfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is our first trip to the OBX and stayed here between Christmas and the New Year. The check in was very easy and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and met our needs. I would booked a condo in the future just to have a little more room and a kitchen.
We love the closeness to the beach, we were like just 2 mins from the beach! Can't beat that. There is a heated pool in a heated tent but we did not swim but have seen several other guests taking the plunge. Breakfast for us were included at the Jolly Rogers.

For those who do not have a group large enough to rent a vacation home, this is one of your best choices in OBX. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gamedad
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of out location! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

At the desk they were willing for us to change our original reservation of two nights in the main bldg which allowed us one night oceanfront. We had a package deal and they adjusted it in the computer so it would work. Friendly, flexible, helpful. Two complaints - the first room wasn't cleaned very well. We found food on the carpet that had not be vacummed. The other was the band they hired for New Year's Eve. While they played a variety of songs, they seemed to only have one tempo - slow. Their audience wanted to dance and kept asking them to pick up the tempo, but that didn't happen. One friend said, "Don't you all take a break?" I'd never heard someone want the band to stop and put on the stereo before.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelley P

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and have addressed the concerns that you had with the cleanliness of your room with our housekeeping staff. Regarding the music, we appreciate your honesty and this will help us better identify in what our guest are looking for in entertainment for future events.

I am pleased to know that your overall experience was great and we hope that you will return to the Sea Ranch Resort!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to treat each other to a trip to the OBX for Christmas. We stayed Dec 26-28 and had an oceanview room. It was an incredible trip! The room had everything we needed with a huge king size bed, TV, sitting area and friendly staff. The comp breakfast at Jolly Rogers did not disappoint at all....huge portions and very cool decor with an awesome waitstaff. If we make it back to Kill Devil Hills we will be staying here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Win4ecu
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I am so glad that your travels led you to the Sea Ranch for a quick winter get-a-way! We hope that you will make it back when the weather is a little warmer! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Until next time!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've stayed on a lot of oceanfront property but the proximity to the actual ocean is competitive with any you could possibly find. The Jolly Roger is a good restaurant for the resort to offer as a breakfast accommodation; great portions and maybe the best waffle you will ever have. The staff was genuine, which I personally prefer to someone being nice. You could do much worse finding a place to stay in the OBX.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nathaniel W

Thanks for reviewing your stay with the Sea Ranch! Please stay in touch for special events coming this Spring! We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I just left yesterday. I certainly did not want to leave. This was my first time traveling out of my home state but still I'm not understanding the bad reviews. The king bed in room 1 was very comfortable. Room 2 which had 2 twin beds was just right for my kids & although it didnt have a tv, they still enjoyed it. As far as not having room service, I didn't find out until I arrived but it didn't put a damper on my vacay, if anything was needed, I just went to the front desk and asked. I was expecting a balcony and not an enclosed patio but oh well. This room had everything described. The office staff was nice & cheerful and the maintenance man I ran into was hilarious. I can't wait to go back. Planning to return in spring for a week.
If you eat at Jolly Rogers, just know their portions are huge; fulfilling.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay. We are all pleased that you had such a positive experience and you're planning another trip to stay with us! Don't hesitate to give us a call if we can assist you with making your next reservation! We look forward to seeing you this Spring!