We had a great time at the Sea Ranch Resort and we recommend it highly.
Since most reviews require a lot of reading between the lines, I’ll try to keep this simple:
Budget focused, we found Sea Ranch through an online aggregator; the room was significantly less expensive than others in the area and the hotel is on the beach and centrally located. While our initial concern was cost, we simply wanted an affordable place to enjoy our 4 day vacation in mid September.
Although we were somewhat familiar with the area, we found that Sea Ranch was only steps away from the sand and reasonable walking distance (1/2 mile) of a food market, movie theater, restaurants, bars, fishing pier as well as other attractions. It’s also a good jumping off spot for day trips.
Overall, the amenities at the Sea Ranch were adequate for what we needed. Beach access and the indoor pool were both really nice to have. And the seaside restaurant was an especially pleasant surprise. Great for early morning coffee, a meal or even drinks, it’s a good fallback if you don’t want to venture out into the surrounding area. Furthermore, the food was tasty and not overly expensive.
Keeping in mind that our primary focus was on budget, our room was fine. It was spacious, clean and equipped with all the basics (small refrigerator, microwave oven, TV). We received an ocean side room (versus an ocean front room – which faces the ocean) and it’s what we expected. While we found that it was somewhat musty, turning off the AC and opening the windows made a world of difference. Overall, we got what we paid for and more.
In researching Sea Ranch we found that some customer reviews were less than glowing, but after our experience we feel that we have an understanding of why. First, all the negative reviews for the ocean side rooms appear to have been submitted in 2012; the management stated that the rooms were to be renovated during the Winter & Spring of 2013. As I noted before, our room was perfectly acceptable. Second, some reviews stated that the in-hotel restaurant was substandard, but we found the food delicious and the staff friendly. Finally it’s tough to please everyone, but the manager responded to each issue which says a lot.
We had a good experience at the Sea Ranch Resort. Not only is it well located, but the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and amenities were spot on (for us). If you’re looking for an affordable getaway on the Outer Banks, the Sea Ranch Resort is certainly worth a look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the room accommodations that reflect a coastal color palette and modern room finishes that will create a relaxing and comfortable space for your stay. Convenient on-site amenities include an enclosed heated pool (seasonal),fitness center, outside picnic area and grill. The Sea Ranch also welcomes you to our oceanfront restaurant, the Beachside Bistro, which offers a delightful menu with a focus on American Coastal Cuisine. Join us in the dining room or on our deck where you can soak in the beautiful ocean view! Beachfront Resort: All rooms on the oceanfront and main building include: microwaves, refrigerators, Cable TV and Internet. Oceanfront Suites: 2 BR / 2 Bath fully equipped, condo style suites. Each suite offers a fully equipped kitchen, washer & dryer and living room with a sleeper sofa! Minimum of a 2 night stay required in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sea Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Ranch Resort Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills