Sea Ranch Resort
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$100
$121
$110
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$84
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$120
BestWestern.com
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$125
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
$149
ComfortInn
$107
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$107
Driftin' Sands Motel(Kill Devil Hills)
$119
$71
Hotels.com
All reviewsbeachside bistroocean frontoceanfront roomthe jolly rogerroom was cleanthe outer banksindoor poolon site restaurantoff seasonhigh tidemain buildingking bedbeach sidesecond floormini fridgestaff was friendlyfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The staff was friendly and very attentive. The onsite resturant offered good reasonably priced food. The accommodations were clean, spacious, quiet and restful. Just what we were looking for. The room included dorm size fridge and microwave. There was also a onsite covered pool, easy beach access plus life quard stand. Overall this location was centrally located to all area attractions, shopping and more. After shopping around for two days, we probably saved a hundred dollars a night and were well satisfied with our results. We will return.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place is the place to go for a family friendly getaway. Our family stayed in a oceanfront suite on Memorial Day weekend and couldn't ask for better hospitality. First of all the staff at check in were very nice and down to earth, real friendly staff. When we arrived to our suite we had an awesome view to our balcony, it literally felt like we were on a cruise ship, thats how close to the ocean we were...AMAZING!!! We had our own privacy while the kids had their own room. The suite was very clean and cutely decorated. We had a full size refrigerator, stove/oven range dining area and nice living room area..There was so much space and room for all our needs, not to mention we had our own washer and dryer..... The vacation was nice and relaxing, we had everything right there that we needed at the resort. They had an awesome breakfast and dinner.You must try their NC BBQ and the tuna steak. Mmm, succulent! we were very impressed with the dining . We had awesome wait staff, we could eat on the deck and met many other great families while down there. They had a nice indoor pool, it was nice and clean and not overcrowded. Oh and the Cabana! I almost forgot, they had umbrella's for the beach and other rentals. The staff was amazing, they provided us with places to take the kids and family. Everything was in walking distance, even though we really didn't need to leave much, maybe to get some food to stock our suite. It was just a great family atmosphere, with spectacular views of the ocean and a place to really get some great rest and spend great quality time as a family. We have already recommended this place to all our friends and family and will be booking in advance to come back this summer. Looking forward to another super sweet getaway! The place to go for the all around family friendly vacation.

Room Tip: If you want a spectacular view with a condo like room, especially with kids or other guests, then get the ocean front suite for roominess, privacy, and at a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We look forward to having you and your family back!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have stayed here twice, the last one for our sons wedding. These are the most spacious 2 bdrm. units I have rented in the OBX. With full kitchen they are perfect for a family. They are the closet bldg to the beach and being in Kitty Hawk they are right in the middle of everything you need. The staff was attentive and made sure everything was just right. The units have been recently remodeled so they are clean and updated.We had two families in the unit and with the full balcony no one felt cramped for space. The balconies can be closed off for bad weather which makes them desirable in off season. They have a new restaurant which we heard is great but we didnt have a chance to go there. They have a hotel adjoining the property with smaller rooms. They have a covered pool for those bad days. Sea Ranch is best value on beach. This is where we will stay next visit.

Room Tip: The higher floors are great for viewing the surroundings.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2012

To start off with we stayed in this motel for a Military function, because it was all planned we didnt choose the hotel or the rooms. We didnt stay in a beach view room, we stayed in a room closer to the balcony side on the bottom floor. The beach was only about 50 steps around the corner though, the location is perfect. Before we went I read over these reviews and was glad I did. When I arrived I was prepared for the remodeling that the motel was doing. This didnt bother our vacation at all (could smell the paint a little but that was it). The military provided day care in one of the ocean front rooms and from what I seen when I picked up the kids the room was nice. I hope the older rooms we were in are the next on the list for the remodeling. The bathroom tile was coming up, and I did see the cracks that other people mentioned in the ceiling. But it was a pretty basic room with okay beds (more pillows would have been great though). This event included meals at the hotel. This is the reason I gave it a 4. The dinner the first night was do-able. Lunch on the second day was a sandwich bar with make your own sandwiches, those were great. However, the dinner on the second night was nothing I would call professional cooking, and ended up making my sick. Everyone I talked to from the event felt the same about the food. We did eat as a group with others participating in the event, and didnt get to eat in the bistro. So cant say for sure if this was just the catering or the beach front bistro they have. The breakfast on the other hand was great, and from what I understand this was the breakfast bar they serve to all the guests. There are a few suggestions I have for the manager; first, spray for ants. The ants were awful, and I found some in my room. Second, get some sort of bug lamp or candles that can be put out by the balcony area. Would loved to have been able to spend more time out there, but was getting bothered by mosquitoes. But what set this motel apart for us was the staff. From check in to the people helping with the catering they went above and beyond to make our stay great. Just wish we would have found this place before we were getting ready to move across the states. Thanks for the memorable stay.

Room Tip: for the price the rooms that dont have the view are still worth it. The beach is just around the corner, and you can save money to spend doing more memorable events
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Armygirl207

We are glad to hear that overall you had a great experience at the Sea Ranch Resort. The weather could not have been better for beach time and sight-seeing!

We appreciate you bringing your concerns about your oceanside room to our attention. We will certainly look into them and address them appropriately.

The Sea Ranch Resort takes great pride in the quality of the food that is served and wants everyone to enjoy their dining experience. We are sorry that the food selection provided on Saturday night was not to your liking. Had we of known, we would have been happy to provide you with a substitution.

We thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff and your stay! We wish you the best of luck with your move across the states!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family loved the sea ranch, it was so perfect for my family! Elevators, easy access to the beach, clean rooms with full kitchens, & we especially appreciated the washer & dryer in our rooms. The ocean front view is amazing, with umbrellas & chairs to rent right on the beach was super convenient. We loved it! The pool was awesome to run to when it rained, and the bistro to yummy & really fun to eat outside with the ocean breeze in the background. The staff was super friendly & multiple people asked me if I was enjoying my stay or needed anything. It was packed the holiday weekend we were there, and the staff really made sure we were happy. We will definitely stay here again. I have 3 very young children (all under 5 years old) and the convenience was unbelievable and made our trip very enjoyable. I can't wait until all the upgrades and renovations are complete because I am excited to see what else they could possible do to make a great beach trip even better.

• Stayed: May 2012
Sea Ranch R, Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We are pleased that you all had the chance to take advantage of the Cabana Service which is new to our resort this summer! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in planning your next trip to visit us here at the Sea Ranch Resort!