“Vacation/Military family event”
Review of Sea Ranch Resort

Sea Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed June 10, 2012

To start off with we stayed in this motel for a Military function, because it was all planned we didnt choose the hotel or the rooms. We didnt stay in a beach view room, we stayed in a room closer to the balcony side on the bottom floor. The beach was only about 50 steps around the corner though, the location is perfect. Before we went I read over these reviews and was glad I did. When I arrived I was prepared for the remodeling that the motel was doing. This didnt bother our vacation at all (could smell the paint a little but that was it). The military provided day care in one of the ocean front rooms and from what I seen when I picked up the kids the room was nice. I hope the older rooms we were in are the next on the list for the remodeling. The bathroom tile was coming up, and I did see the cracks that other people mentioned in the ceiling. But it was a pretty basic room with okay beds (more pillows would have been great though). This event included meals at the hotel. This is the reason I gave it a 4. The dinner the first night was do-able. Lunch on the second day was a sandwich bar with make your own sandwiches, those were great. However, the dinner on the second night was nothing I would call professional cooking, and ended up making my sick. Everyone I talked to from the event felt the same about the food. We did eat as a group with others participating in the event, and didnt get to eat in the bistro. So cant say for sure if this was just the catering or the beach front bistro they have. The breakfast on the other hand was great, and from what I understand this was the breakfast bar they serve to all the guests. There are a few suggestions I have for the manager; first, spray for ants. The ants were awful, and I found some in my room. Second, get some sort of bug lamp or candles that can be put out by the balcony area. Would loved to have been able to spend more time out there, but was getting bothered by mosquitoes. But what set this motel apart for us was the staff. From check in to the people helping with the catering they went above and beyond to make our stay great. Just wish we would have found this place before we were getting ready to move across the states. Thanks for the memorable stay.

Room Tip: for the price the rooms that dont have the view are still worth it. The beach is just around the co...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Armygirl207
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

We are glad to hear that overall you had a great experience at the Sea Ranch Resort. The weather could not have been better for beach time and sight-seeing!

We appreciate you bringing your concerns about your oceanside room to our attention. We will certainly look into them and address them appropriately.

The Sea Ranch Resort takes great pride in the quality of the food that is served and wants everyone to enjoy their dining experience. We are sorry that the food selection provided on Saturday night was not to your liking. Had we of known, we would have been happy to provide you with a substitution.

We thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff and your stay! We wish you the best of luck with your move across the states!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family loved the sea ranch, it was so perfect for my family! Elevators, easy access to the beach, clean rooms with full kitchens, & we especially appreciated the washer & dryer in our rooms. The ocean front view is amazing, with umbrellas & chairs to rent right on the beach was super convenient. We loved it! The pool was awesome to run to when it rained, and the bistro to yummy & really fun to eat outside with the ocean breeze in the background. The staff was super friendly & multiple people asked me if I was enjoying my stay or needed anything. It was packed the holiday weekend we were there, and the staff really made sure we were happy. We will definitely stay here again. I have 3 very young children (all under 5 years old) and the convenience was unbelievable and made our trip very enjoyable. I can't wait until all the upgrades and renovations are complete because I am excited to see what else they could possible do to make a great beach trip even better.

• Stayed: May 2012
Sea Ranch R, Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We are pleased that you all had the chance to take advantage of the Cabana Service which is new to our resort this summer! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in planning your next trip to visit us here at the Sea Ranch Resort!

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

When I found this Resort on the best of the outer banks map, I was not sure what the experience was going to be like. I was extremely surprised at the friendliness of the staff and welcoming interior. The rate was unbeatable and I was right on the beach. Very clean and they have a restaurant right inside the resort. Beachside Bistro was delicious and a cozy atmosphere. I was able to sit at the bar and speak to the staff about their entree options. The steamed shrimp hit the spot and the crab dip was very rich for a not-so-rich price. Will be back again and recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I've stayed at a lot of hotels, and in comparison, this one faired just average for the price. Just a normal room with a king bed, tv, sofa and table. Staff was friendly and helpful, and breakfast down the street was yummy. We visited during what looked to be a large renovation but it didn't disturb our stay. I dont think I'd stay here again because it didn't leave a memorable impression on me. No negative feedback, just a lackluster stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marie d
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thanks for your feedback! As you did mention, The Sea Ranch Resort is in the process of making many improvements to our property including the decor and adding some on-site amenities. This season we will have all new oceanfront hotel rooms, on-site fitness center, game room & oceanfront dining in our new restaurant, the Beachside Bistro. If you would kindly send your email address to info@searanchresort.com so we can send you some updated information on all the changes...I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We planned a last minute trip to the outer banks and called all the hotels with indoor pools, and the Sea Ranch had the best price for the best room. We got a suite with 2 bedrooms ( king bed and 2 twins), 2 full bathrooms, ocean view with a long sunroom, full kitchen, and laundry room. We couldn't believe our luck considering what we got for the money compared to the other hotels we called. Other hotels wanted more money for a room with 2 double beds and no view. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The ocean view is phenomenal, get a suite.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I recently travelled to North Carolina with friends for week of beach side living and golf. We booked our vacation through OBX Golf and were rewarded with accommodation in a two bedroom condo at the Sea Ranch resort. Each couple had their own two bedroom unit which meant we had tons of space, although we could have co-existed if necessary in one unit. The apartments have recently been upgraded with new carpeting and comfortable living area furniture. The kitchen was well equipped with new appliances and plenty of dishes, glassware and cutlery. The master bedroom had a great king size bed with a full ensuite. Two flat screen TV's with extensive satellite coverage as well as a DVD player. Our units were on the fourth floor and had fully glassed-in balconies with screened windows. We opened the sliding doors from both the master bedroom and living area upon arrival and they stayed open for the rest of the week. We ate, read, slept and awoke to the sound of the surf crashing on the beach. Oh did I mention that the Sea Ranch is right on he beach? We spent many fabulous hours walking for miles long the beach, playing in the surf and watching seagulls, gannets and dolphins. Not too bad! The staff of the Sea Ranch are friendly and helpful and each guest is provided with a complementary membership to the YMCA in nearby Nags Head. Plenty of shopping nearby including two huge supermarkets, a Food Lion and a Harris Teeter. I realize that other reviewers have been less than kind but they were either in an older unit or are extremely difficult to please. Both our friends and ourselves are picky travellers and we would return in a heart beat.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
barbaragusler, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

We are so happy that you all enjoyed your stay! All of us hope that you will return and take advantage of the brand new oceanfront accommodations and the all new restaurant that will open this spring!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay at Sea Ranch for a second time, but wanted to get an ocean front room. What we got was a suite that was better than we expected. The suite had a master bedroom, a second room with two twin beds, a living/dining room with a kitchen, and the best part, a enclosed three-season room overlooking the beach. Everything was in neat and orderly. Since it was a suite, we didn't have to fight for time in a bathroom since there were two. With the screen windows opened, the sounds from the beach were relaxing, especially at bed time. The one minor problem was the shower in our bedroom was only warm, when the other sinks and shower had good hot water. Also, if you know you know you will be staying in a suite, you may want to do some grocery shopping ahead of time. To us, it wasn't inconvenient to run up to the grocery store. We want to come back with the family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in the Suite here at the Sea Ranch Resort! As I am sure you are aware, our property is undergoing some renovations and hope to see you back to check out the many upgrades and added on-site amenities!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Sea Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!