To start off with we stayed in this motel for a Military function, because it was all planned we didnt choose the hotel or the rooms. We didnt stay in a beach view room, we stayed in a room closer to the balcony side on the bottom floor. The beach was only about 50 steps around the corner though, the location is perfect. Before we went I read over these reviews and was glad I did. When I arrived I was prepared for the remodeling that the motel was doing. This didnt bother our vacation at all (could smell the paint a little but that was it). The military provided day care in one of the ocean front rooms and from what I seen when I picked up the kids the room was nice. I hope the older rooms we were in are the next on the list for the remodeling. The bathroom tile was coming up, and I did see the cracks that other people mentioned in the ceiling. But it was a pretty basic room with okay beds (more pillows would have been great though). This event included meals at the hotel. This is the reason I gave it a 4. The dinner the first night was do-able. Lunch on the second day was a sandwich bar with make your own sandwiches, those were great. However, the dinner on the second night was nothing I would call professional cooking, and ended up making my sick. Everyone I talked to from the event felt the same about the food. We did eat as a group with others participating in the event, and didnt get to eat in the bistro. So cant say for sure if this was just the catering or the beach front bistro they have. The breakfast on the other hand was great, and from what I understand this was the breakfast bar they serve to all the guests. There are a few suggestions I have for the manager; first, spray for ants. The ants were awful, and I found some in my room. Second, get some sort of bug lamp or candles that can be put out by the balcony area. Would loved to have been able to spend more time out there, but was getting bothered by mosquitoes. But what set this motel apart for us was the staff. From check in to the people helping with the catering they went above and beyond to make our stay great. Just wish we would have found this place before we were getting ready to move across the states. Thanks for the memorable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the room accommodations that reflect a coastal color palette and modern room finishes that will create a relaxing and comfortable space for your stay. Convenient on-site amenities include an enclosed heated pool (seasonal),fitness center, outside picnic area and grill. The Sea Ranch also welcomes you to our oceanfront restaurant, the Beachside Bistro, which offers a delightful menu with a focus on American Coastal Cuisine. Join us in the dining room or on our deck where you can soak in the beautiful ocean view! Beachfront Resort: All rooms on the oceanfront and main building include: microwaves, refrigerators, Cable TV and Internet. Oceanfront Suites: 2 BR / 2 Bath fully equipped, condo style suites. Each suite offers a fully equipped kitchen, washer & dryer and living room with a sleeper sofa! Minimum of a 2 night stay required in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Sea Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Ranch Resort Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills