“Decent local microbrewery ”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Made this our first stop while visiting the outer banks. Picked it since my wife needs gluten free and they offer a gf menu. Tried each of their brews in two flights. They also have guest beers on tap, including cider. Food was better than expected. Service was just ok. Would go again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed September 5, 2018

We had carryout lunch here recently, and were pleased with the food. I had the Cuban and my wife the crab bisque. Both were very good, and they also serve my favorite type of fries (potato wedges). Will definitely try it again when we can eat in the restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Love OBX Brewery. Fun, relaxing, great apps. Even if they did run out of pretzels. Atmosphere is calm and casual but if you get a drink or a cocktail. They don’t have straws. Had one of the specialty drinks which was layered. Needless to say the rum floating in top was a bit much. Thank heaven I had a knife to stir it with. LoL
Stick with a fresh beer!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Came here with a family of 5 with 3 kids under 10. They love it here and is always there choice to go back! Beer is good and the food awesome. An over all great experience year after year.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 4pm with my family for an early dinner. We were surprised when they waitress handed us lunch menus. I questioned her thinking it’s a mistake but I was assured no, it was still considered lunch. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to a nice fish dinner. Our waitress was very inattentive. I had to flag her down to order. I later saw her talking to the hostess and another waitress with her head down on the hostess stand and others rubbing her shoulders so maybe she wasn’t feeling good. While we were waiting for our food new people sat down behind us. Imagine my surprise when they were given dinner menus (by the same waitress) and told swordfish (my favorite) was on the menu. The only reason I didn’t complain was because that would have embarrassed my teenage daughter (insert eye rolling here). Anyway, our lunch food was perfectly fine (two Cesar salads and a kids pizza). But we really wanted dinner and made the mistake of arriving 10 minutes before dinner time started.

Date of visit: August 2018