“No Straws! ”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Love OBX Brewery. Fun, relaxing, great apps. Even if they did run out of pretzels. Atmosphere is calm and casual but if you get a drink or a cocktail. They don’t have straws. Had one of the specialty drinks which was layered. Needless to say the rum floating in top was a bit much. Thank heaven I had a knife to stir it with. LoL
Stick with a fresh beer!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,615)

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Came here with a family of 5 with 3 kids under 10. They love it here and is always there choice to go back! Beer is good and the food awesome. An over all great experience year after year.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 4pm with my family for an early dinner. We were surprised when they waitress handed us lunch menus. I questioned her thinking it’s a mistake but I was assured no, it was still considered lunch. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to a nice fish dinner. Our waitress was very inattentive. I had to flag her down to order. I later saw her talking to the hostess and another waitress with her head down on the hostess stand and others rubbing her shoulders so maybe she wasn’t feeling good. While we were waiting for our food new people sat down behind us. Imagine my surprise when they were given dinner menus (by the same waitress) and told swordfish (my favorite) was on the menu. The only reason I didn’t complain was because that would have embarrassed my teenage daughter (insert eye rolling here). Anyway, our lunch food was perfectly fine (two Cesar salads and a kids pizza). But we really wanted dinner and made the mistake of arriving 10 minutes before dinner time started.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

I went to the brewing station a lot during my stay in OBX. The beer was great especially the Lemongrass Wheat Ale. The food was pricey but delicious. When I say pricey I mean as a single traveler I never spent less than $30 for food and beer. A lot of that tab was beer to be fair; it's easy to run up a bill when one beer costs $6. A party of two or more could easily spend $100 to eat and drink.

The Shecrab soup was the best I had on the OBX. The locally sourced bratwurst plate, was good however I liked the soup so much I came in again for dinner on another night. While the kitchen was about to close they were kind enough to accommodate my order. While the food was still delicious, it was served lukewarm and in a rush. It was my fault for showing up late so I cannot fault them for that.

The service was hit and miss. My first experience was lackluster at the bar. The only bartender working was at the farthest end of the bar away from the customers with his back turned playing on his phone. A server rolling silverware saw me sitting there unattended for a while, along with other customers with empty beers, and others waiting to place orders and was kind enough to alert the bartender to pay attention to the customers at the bar. He turned around and seemed surprised there were people waiting on him. When I went back on successive occasions all the other bartenders were prompt in acknowledging me and taking my order.

There is outdoor seating that has cornhole and a play ground for kids.

Overall, a great place for food and drink but hefty on the prices with spotty service by bartenders. Worth a swing through though.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Fun place, can accommodate big groups but definitely gets busy! This is a great family friendly place and I was so impressed with their curry vegetarian dish. It seemed random, and I was skeptical, but it was absolutely delicious.

I wasn't able to drink because I was pregnant, but we'll definitely return next time we're in the Outer Banks!