“Pricey but Great Beer, Good Food, Hit and Miss Service”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I went to the brewing station a lot during my stay in OBX. The beer was great especially the Lemongrass Wheat Ale. The food was pricey but delicious. When I say pricey I mean as a single traveler I never spent less than $30 for food and beer. A lot of that tab was beer to be fair; it's easy to run up a bill when one beer costs $6. A party of two or more could easily spend $100 to eat and drink.

The Shecrab soup was the best I had on the OBX. The locally sourced bratwurst plate, was good however I liked the soup so much I came in again for dinner on another night. While the kitchen was about to close they were kind enough to accommodate my order. While the food was still delicious, it was served lukewarm and in a rush. It was my fault for showing up late so I cannot fault them for that.

The service was hit and miss. My first experience was lackluster at the bar. The only bartender working was at the farthest end of the bar away from the customers with his back turned playing on his phone. A server rolling silverware saw me sitting there unattended for a while, along with other customers with empty beers, and others waiting to place orders and was kind enough to alert the bartender to pay attention to the customers at the bar. He turned around and seemed surprised there were people waiting on him. When I went back on successive occasions all the other bartenders were prompt in acknowledging me and taking my order.

There is outdoor seating that has cornhole and a play ground for kids.

Overall, a great place for food and drink but hefty on the prices with spotty service by bartenders. Worth a swing through though.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Fun place, can accommodate big groups but definitely gets busy! This is a great family friendly place and I was so impressed with their curry vegetarian dish. It seemed random, and I was skeptical, but it was absolutely delicious.

I wasn't able to drink because I was pregnant, but we'll definitely return next time we're in the Outer Banks!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

OBX Brewing Station has been one of my favorite places on the Outer Banks because of the brews they offer, the good food, and the attentive staff. My rating of 4 out of 5 is only because recently they "ran out of" their IPA. I don't quite understand that and a person who does not care about IPA's wouldn't care. But when the IPA was available this is a 5 out of 5. Until then, I wait and keep going back.....

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Love the lemongrass wheat ale...food was good...had to wait to be served place was very crowded, but overall had a good time

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I have been able to visit this place twice this year. The first time was earlier this year in their off season and I had an excellent time and excellent service! This last time...was not the same. The staff at the bar was rude and not accommodating to a simple request at the bar. I decided to close my tab and move on to another place (I prefer to spend my money where I am treated kind and with respect) and the bartender was not very nice about it at all. Although this place has decent beer and good food options, I will not be going back due to the unfriendliness of the staff. Hopefully they make some much needed changes on that front because the place has a ton of potential.