“Overall Good but Slow Service and Kind of Dirty”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stopped in to the Outer Banks Brewing Station on the way in to town for vacation based on their appearance on the Food Network. The staff was friendly enough, but the service was a bit slow. I realize it was a Saturday in the OBX but they should be used to that. My wife ordered their famous Shrimp and Grits. One disappointment was that, in their lunch menu, it was only offered as an appetizer. Apparently you have to come in for dinner to get the full plate. However, she did say it lived up to the billing and was worth the visit. I ordered the Shrimp Po Boy and it was very good. The chimichurri sauce was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. Or boys enjoyed their meals as well. My wife noted that the restaurant seemed dirty. The tables were sticky and the floors seemed dingy. I realize that it becomes a bar/club at night, but if you're going to make it family friendly during the day, then It needs to reflect that. At the end of the day, we're still happy we visited, but there are so many good restaurants in the OBX, we'll probably check some other places out during our next visit instead of returning.

1  Thank Jason H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had an great time at Outer Banks Brewing. It was more than just a great restaurant, it was a really great experience overall. The food is fantastic, but in addition to that we really enjoyed chatting with the bartenders there and tasting the beer they brew on site. I highly recommend the ahi tuna. It was one of the best meals I've ever had.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We travel to the Outer Banks every summer and have over time developed our go-to places to eat. This place has definitively been added to that list. We had been here a couple of times years ago, and enjoyed it, but have really come to look forward to a night (or two!) here in the last few years. The casual, yet somewhat funky atmosphere is a refreshing change from the typical OBX restaurant. The live music out on the back patio is great fun as well. We aren't even beer drinkers, but have always managed to find a nice glass of wine to enjoy. And, of course, the food is the star. The scallops over bacon risotto is to die for. Crab cakes actually taste like crab, not bread (same for the crab dip!). Seared tuna was perfectly cooked and my son scarfed down his bratwurst. No, this restaurant is not on the water and that's what kept us from retuning year after year originally. But we finally got tired of mediocre meals with a great view (heck, we have the same view from our beach house!), and decided it's time to look for a great dining experience. Outer Banks Brewing Station delivers.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with a large group after a visit to the weight brothers museum and had about a 20 min wait. We took this time to enjoy a beer and the large outside patio and play area for the kids. Once we sat down the service was fast and accurate. I had the Cuban sandwich which was stacked with ham and was outstanding. The kids portions were very large and tasty as well. Everyone seem to enjoy their reasonably priced meals. Roomy seating and average noise levels.
I grabbed a growler of their stout which was on point. The lemon grass beer was very good also. It was a great experience!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My family and I stopped at the Outer Banks Brewing Station on our way into the OBX recently. It was our first visit to the Outer Banks and it was a great way to begin the week! It was a beautiful day - sunny and warm, but not hot. For this reason we chose to eat outside, but I would definitely give the inside a try on our next visit. Lots to look at.

They have a fun beer garden area in back. Lots of tables with umbrellas, a kids play area and an outdoor beer truck to supplement the inside. We ordered drinks and food, including the tuna bites, hush puppies and their delicious grouper with french fries. All of the food was delicious, as was the beer. I tried a beer sampler of 4 of their beers and enjoyed them all, including their signature LemonGrass Wheat, not to be missed!

We can't wait to visit the OBBS on our next trip to the Outer Banks!