“Where was that DDD restaurant?”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Lexington, North Carolina
“Where was that DDD restaurant?”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

On our trip to the Outer Banks, we wanted to try some Diners, Drive Ins and Dives places. We had lunch here and it was nothing to brag about. While the food was good, that was about it for this place. The service was so slow that the hostess had to finally came by and take our drink order. Our waitress was not attentive and it took a while for us to get our food. The craft beer selection was small considering this was supposed to be a brewery restaurant. It was just an average meal at an average restaurant. We were disappointed.

1 Thank RogandTam

South Padre Island, Texas, United States
“Stopped for the Beer; Enjoyed a lite lunch”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The only reason I don't rate this restaurant higher is we that we ate simple food in the bar.
Crossing the country, one micro brewery at a time, we stopped to sample the product. A taster provide four, five ounce tasters. They were enough for my wife and I to share. We selected the Olsch, the IPA, a nut brown ale and the stout. All were excellent and it was a nice spectrum of tastes.
It was after the prime lunch hour, on a weekday and the bar was scant with customers. We elected to enjoy some light fair for lunch. She order salad with lemon grass dressing and I selected the Backyard Margarita Pizza. Both arrived quickly. The salad was a large collection of greens, grape tomatoes and onion. The lemon grass dressing was exceptional; good flavor without being overly oily. The pizza was simple, but tasty on a beer crust dough. The bartender was knowledgable about their beers and about N.C. breweries.
I would readily return to sample a full meal, knowing the ales would be enjoyable.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“not much to like here”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The only thing that was good here was the fried green tomato caprise salad. The service was terrible and most everything else that we ordered. The bread was stale for the sandwiches an I have had better at burger king. WILL NEVER GO BACK. The decor was horrible.

1 Thank pb3girl1
Columbia, South Carolina
“I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We saw the place on triple D and thought we'd give it a try ... that and I enjoy craft beers.

The crab soup was tasty but as hard as I looked I couldn't find any crab in it. The Cuban sandwich was great as was the bison burger.

The staff is a different story, they were rude and the service was extremely slow. From the time we were seated until our drink order was taken was 20 minutes and then the food took so long to show up we were about to leave.

• Visited July 2013
Point Harbor
“Surprised”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had dinner here with a few friends. I wasn't expecting anything special, figured it would be pub food. What a great surprise. We shared an appetizer of shrimp n grits. I can't say enough positive things about this dish. I'm rather picky and didn't think I would care much for it since it had some type of red eye gravy I think. It was so delicious. It was hard to share with 3 people. In fact one person in my group said she was coming back and wanted to get that as her entrée. For my entrée I had the Asian seared tuna. Cooked to perfection. The Outer Banks really knows how to cook tuna to perfection. Everywhere I go its done right. Portion was very generous.

• Visited April 2013