“Stopped for the Beer; Enjoyed a lite lunch”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The only reason I don't rate this restaurant higher is we that we ate simple food in the bar.
Crossing the country, one micro brewery at a time, we stopped to sample the product. A taster provide four, five ounce tasters. They were enough for my wife and I to share. We selected the Olsch, the IPA, a nut brown ale and the stout. All were excellent and it was a nice spectrum of tastes.
It was after the prime lunch hour, on a weekday and the bar was scant with customers. We elected to enjoy some light fair for lunch. She order salad with lemon grass dressing and I selected the Backyard Margarita Pizza. Both arrived quickly. The salad was a large collection of greens, grape tomatoes and onion. The lemon grass dressing was exceptional; good flavor without being overly oily. The pizza was simple, but tasty on a beer crust dough. The bartender was knowledgable about their beers and about N.C. breweries.
I would readily return to sample a full meal, knowing the ales would be enjoyable.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The only thing that was good here was the fried green tomato caprise salad. The service was terrible and most everything else that we ordered. The bread was stale for the sandwiches an I have had better at burger king. WILL NEVER GO BACK. The decor was horrible.

1  Thank pb3girl1
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We saw the place on triple D and thought we'd give it a try ... that and I enjoy craft beers.

The crab soup was tasty but as hard as I looked I couldn't find any crab in it. The Cuban sandwich was great as was the bison burger.

The staff is a different story, they were rude and the service was extremely slow. From the time we were seated until our drink order was taken was 20 minutes and then the food took so long to show up we were about to leave.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had dinner here with a few friends. I wasn't expecting anything special, figured it would be pub food. What a great surprise. We shared an appetizer of shrimp n grits. I can't say enough positive things about this dish. I'm rather picky and didn't think I would care much for it since it had some type of red eye gravy I think. It was so delicious. It was hard to share with 3 people. In fact one person in my group said she was coming back and wanted to get that as her entrée. For my entrée I had the Asian seared tuna. Cooked to perfection. The Outer Banks really knows how to cook tuna to perfection. Everywhere I go its done right. Portion was very generous.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went and checked this out on a Sunday before 1 pm. Had a little bit of a wait, but not too terrible. Once seated, had a polite and knowledgeable server. Boyfriend had the Bison burger, and he raved about it so much, I had to try a bite :) It was very good, not dry or bland like I would have imagined. I almost wished I would have ordered it also, but I wanted to try the shrimp & grits. This dish was delicious also. I would go there again and try some different menu items, as quite a few things sounded good.