“Also pleasantly surprised”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit, a brew pub in the OBX did not have very high expectations. As a beer guy, I was really surprised. I did not taste a single brew I would not get again. I even brought some home! Wife and I had lunch and it was good. Far better than typical pub fare. If you enjoy beer, and are going to be all the way out there you've got to stop in.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was wonderful. Saw the shrimp and grits on diners drive inns and dives. It was everything Guy said it was.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have visited the Outer Banks three times in the last 7 years. Each time we have had a meal at the Outer Banks Brewing Station, always for lunch in the past. Last night we ate dinner.
They have an expansive list of beer, wine, and cocktails. The parking lot was packed, but the inside of this massive place was comfortable and we were seated immediately. I was concerned that the crowd would hamper service and it really didn’t.
We passed on drinks and both had soup. My wife had a wonderful, Manhattan chowder made with red snapper. It was tasty. I had she crab soup with sherry in it. The soup was a tad salty, but I really enjoyed it. The delivery of the soup was very prompt.
Our meals came out time well also. My wife had a very larger burger with their potato wedged fries. The fries were excellent and the burger had been bathed in beer and nicely seasoned. I taster her burger and enjoyed it; she enjoyed it but wasn’t overly fond of the seasoning.
I had a brat sandwich on a roll. It comes with mustard, onions, peppers, and sauerkraut. I opted out of the onions and peppers and had it with the mustard and kraut. The brats had been cooked in beer and were wonderful. They were firm, tasty, and not very fatty. Their fries are outstanding.
We’ve never had a bad experience at the Outer Banks Brewing Station and I heartily recommend it.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had dinner here during our 4 day motorcycle trip. The food was very good and the service was also very good. We had the scallops and the Reuben. The beer is actually what we came for but could not find one we liked. This is a great spot for some tasty food, good service and possibly good beer if you like their selection.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

First, i love the atmosphere. There is a great outdoor area with equipment for kids to play while adults bask in the sun drinking awesome and reasonably priced craft beer. The also make sodas and grow their own herbs. This year we decided to go ahead and indulge in lunch - how could we go wrong? Two ordered crab cakes and were surprised to not have the option of broiled or fried. The sandwiches also came with sauces which was extremely i welcomed. Pass on the crab cakes. Two of us got the fried fish platter which was ok. Lots of food but nothing special and i was left feeling off from all the grease. Side salads were nice as we're the appetizers. My opinion, go for the beer, indulge in an appetizer or two and move along.