“delicious”

Outer Banks Brewing Station
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our staff at the Outer Banks Brewing Station works hard to give our Outer Banks vacation guests and Outer Banks local guests the best possible service. We are the first wind-powered brewery in the United States. Our innovative menus change with the seasons and include something for everyone. We feature pork and beer specials along with a seafood and meat special every night. Our Outer Banks restaurant features live music in the backyard and almost every night after dinner in the summer months. The backyard, where the wind turbine is, features a beer truck, corn hole, a picnic table-style seating area with a pirate ship playground for the kids! Come relax and kick back with some brews and let the kids play on the playground! Our beer rotation is constantly changing and we brew special beers all year long. We hope to see you here soon!
delaware
“delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Everyone loved their meals. Shrimp and grits awesome. Snapped beautiful. We were hoping for a nice evening out but felt rushed. Drinks came; 3 minutes later apps. 2 minutes later entree then check. That was the biggest disappointment. We were in and out in little more than an hour! Tip: order apps before entree s to buy time.

Visited April 2013

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Not sure what Guy Fieri saw in this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had family from Charlotte take a few days vacation to the Outer Banks, which is an hour away from where I live so we joined them for a day. All of us are fans of "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" and we all voted to go this establishment based on it being featured on the show. The first thing that struck me was that there were Persian carpets all over the walls and suspended in the air. Yuck! All I kept thinking about was the amount of grease, lint, hair, etc. that must be attached to those things and floating around in the air because of them. The beer that 2 of us chose from their "specialty list" was not available. The menu was well rounded and I enjoyed my meal until about half way through it when I saw a hair (which looked to be a black eyelash or eyebrow hair). So I stopped eating and started poking around on what was left and then I found what was obviosly long black facial hair. While the server was nice it was very hard to get her attention when we needed something. After about 5 minutes I finally flagged her down and showed it to her. She showed just about as much disgust as I felt and as the hair color matched no one at the table she knew it did not come from any of us. I told her I was not looking for a free meal but wanted her to make the kitchen and management aware of the situation. When we received our bill I was not charged. However, our bill did total $84 which I thought was a bit much for 1 domestic beer, 1 oyster stout, 2 Gibsons and 1 entree. I know I may be critical of restaurants as I worked in the industry for many years and had the pleasure of working with one of the finest restaurant owners ever who taught me about customer service, cleanliness and how to do the job right but I will not go back to this establishment when there are so many more wonderful places to eat on the Outer Banks. Not impressed with Outer Banks Brewing Station at all.

• Visited April 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food was good here, but for some reason none of us would put this on our list of places to go back to. They had excellent hush puppies! If you are into different beers, this might be a more enjoyable experience.

Visited March 2013
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Local Brews, Meal and Nite Life.. Nice place to cool off with Brew in the afternoon,enjoy a good meal with Family in the evening and later enjoy some music. This is an excellent example of what a Restaurant should be in the OBX.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jeremy_Jill_USMC
Richmond, Ky.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The service was outstanding, food delicious and the prices were reasonable. The atmosphere was just what we like and our server was outstanding.

Visited April 2013