4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pigman's Bar-B-Que

Pigman's Bar-B-Que
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pigman's Bar-B-Que is the premiere barbeque restaurant on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. For over 16 years, we have been serving up 'Que to tourists and locals alike. We have won multiple awards including "Best of the Beach" in the BBQ category in 2012 and BBQ Showdown OBX "Best Ribs" in 2013! We offer many varieties of BBQ with signature sauces to go along with it! We have all the fixings you can imagine and we also do catering.At Pigman’s Bar-B-Que, we take all the necessary steps to make our BBQ unique as well. For example, all of our signature BBQ’s are cooked on site by smoking. We cook this way for two reasons: To cook the meat slowly to retain the natural juices, and infuse it with oak flavor. Then we add our signature sauces, thus creating BBQ. Every BBQ option we sell is hand-crafted, and has some sort of vinegar-based sauce added to them. Although our vinegar-based BBQ options are delicious, we have discovered that there are many different palates out there to please. As a result, a few of our BBQ options have ketchup and an additional blend of proprietary spices to give our customers a “tomato based” option, also known as “ketchup based”.
Front Royal, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Another pleasant surprise in Nags Head. The BBQ was spot on and close to the motel. Place was crowded but staff made it a pleasant wait. Great pics of the owner and his pets.

Visited July 2014
Pigman1985, Owner at Pigman's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed the photos of Bill...he comes by to visit now and again, but we are so glad that we were able to keep his legacy alive. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience and the staff was friendly. See you again soon hopefully!

Pittsburgh
“Don't go anywhere else for bbq”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

YUM! I wish I were still at OBX so I could go get me some Pigman's. I tried NC bbq last year elsewhere and did not like it. I read the reviews for this place and decided to give it another try. Let me say that I had Pigman's at least three times during our two and a half week visit (Just getting a sandwich to go. We actually ate in one of the times). I wish they were open past 9:30. My hubby and son thought the hushpuppies were amazing! You have to dip them in the honey butter. It is oh so bad for you, but oh so good! I tried another bbq place to compare, and it didn't. Pigman's is much better in my opinion. You won't regret stopping at Pigman's. It is not fancy but, really, when IS bbq fancy?!

1 Thank SuperBun
Wow, thanks SuperBun! We appreciate the kind words and like the photos you posted! We are super excited you gave us another try and were not disappointed! That is awesome, and we love to hear stories like that. So glad you are now a fan! Thanks again for the kind review and the photos and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!!
La Grange, Kentucky
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

While vacationing in the OBX, we decided to try something local. We went with Pigman's BBQ. The staff was helpful and patient with our large group of 5 adults and 7 children. And the food, wow the food was exceptional. The hushpuppies with the honey butter is amazing! You also get a lot of food for your buck. And this restaurant is a wonderful atmosphere for families with kids. Not to mention the staff is constantly cleaning the dining area so you don't have to wait for a table.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Marsha R
Marsha, thanks for your review. We take pride in the fact that we are local and thank those who choose to support us! We are so glad the staff, the food, and the value for the portions were to your liking. These are all great things to hear as an owner, and I truly appreciate your feedback. We hope you will be back soon!! Thanks Marsha :)
Scottsville
“Love, Love, Love Pigman's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

It wouldn't be an OBX trip if I didn't eat at least once at Pigman's Bar-B-Que. The food is always great and only once or twice have I received cold fries there.

• Visited May 2014
Pigman1985, Owner at Pigman's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Ellen, first off I want to apologize for the cold fries. We do our best to get all the food out super hot, but every now and again we do make mistakes...I am just sorry to hear it affected your meal more than once though. Thank you for your review and we are so glad you love us! See you again soon :)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Good BBQ in a casual, come as you are, down home setting. I've been here a few times and keep coming back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brian W
Brian, thanks for being a loyal Pigman's BBQ fan! We are so glad that you continue to come back and appreciate your review!!