“Great In All Aspects!”
Review of The Colington Cafe

The Colington Cafe
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Reviewed December 30, 2010

An abolsute must visit, the location, menu and value are top notch. We had pretty high expectations based on the reviews we found. Needless to say the experience surpassed these expectations.The staff was friendly and courteous, which fit in the atmopshere of the place, which was cozy and comfortable. We were seated next to a fireplace (much appreciated, as we had been walking in the freezing cold). My husand and I both got some drinks and I ordered the scallop and shrimp napolean. My husband ordered the pork au sherry. Both dishes were awesome and were a good portion size!! My husband said that it was some of the best pork he had ever had. We finished the meal with a slice of cocunut cream custard pie, which was also great. The desert tray looked so enticing that I want to come back and sample all of them!

We had been to a few other restuarants on the Outer Banks during our stay, but this was the best, particulary for the money! Our bill was around $55, which included two drinks, two entrees and dessert. We spent more than that at Basnight's Lone Cedar for just mediocre food that we could have cooked ourselves. If you want a unique experience on the Outer Banks, I would suggest giving Colington;s Cafe a try! I don't think you will be dissapointed!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed December 29, 2010

I have lived in OBX for 3 years and this restaurant is by far the best on the Beach. The food is amazing with perfect portions, the staff goes above and beyond in service and friendliness, and the price is extremely reasonable. We choose this restaurant for every special occasion, as well as just for a night out. If you aren't into traditional decor, look past their traditional style and enjoy the home atmosphere. The food and service is well worth it! My husband and I recommend this restaurant to all visitors and locals! Call ahead!

Reviewed December 8, 2010

This restaurant is not advertised in the local brochures - it is about a mile off 158 - nice victorian feel about the decor - family owned - great homemade deserts. We plan on eating there again when we are in the Outer Banks.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

This was our first vacation in 16 years that we enjoyed immensely by ourselves. No kids, friends or relatives. We had a wonderful vacation and renewed our 25th wedding vows at the Colington Café behind the restaurant in their small garden administered by Pastor Isler from the Lutheran Church on the Outer Banks. I set everything up with out my wife’s knowledge and she very impressed. Thanks Pastor Isler at the Grace Lutheran Church by the Sea, Nags Head and of course the Colington Café which I might add the dinner was spectacular and the service were great. We will be back for dinner as soon as possible. Awesome job Chef and to our server Chris. AWESOME DINNER!

Reviewed October 24, 2010

This small, out of the way place has been one of our favorite restaurants during our yearly October week on the Outer Banks. The food is deliciously well prepared, beautifully presented, nicely served, and not too expensive. The Colington Cafe has a nice wine list and very pleasant ambiance as well.