“Filet and Seafood done right”
Review of Colington Cafe

Colington Cafe
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Warsaw, Indiana, United States
“Filet and Seafood done right”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I came here for an anniversary dinner. This was our first time in the OBX and we are relying on TripAdvisor to steer us right. This one did not disappoint. Holly, our server, was excellent and engaging without pretense. My wife had the Le Grand Trio and I had the Mixed Grill. The filet mignon, tuna, shrimp, and crab were all excellent without beign overcooked or "over-sauced". The wood-grilled vegetables put the meal to the top of our list. The quaint house feel was a nice change of pace from the typical beach restaurant. I understand now why so many reviews were written by return customers

1 Thank Ichthusiast1

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, United States
“Charming restaurant with outstanding food and service”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

For a reliable outstanding meal on the Outer Banks the Colington Cafe has few rivals. From the welcome you get first stepping through the door to the continual personal service, your dining experience will be delightful. The menu is varied and the cost quite reasonable. Each meal was tasty and freshly prepared. I have never been disappointed dining here.

Visited June 2014
Greensboro NC
“Best in Kill Devil Hills”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I just spent five nights in Kill Devil Hills at a lovely place - Colington Creek Inn (see my other review). We followed TripAdvisor advice and checked out the Colington Cafe and were not disappointed - the place is so charming - a little cottage nestled among shade trees. Service was amazing - and our meals were divine. I got the salmon special and my husband got the tile fish, which is native to the region, and both were EXCELLENT. Lots of accompaniments that you wouldn't intuitively put together but when an expert (chef) does it is phenomenal. Desserts are homemade and over the top. And I am a sugar FREAK and dessert expert and these were fabulous. If you are vacationing in the Outer Banks, I highly recommend you dine at Colington Cafe. Lots of good options on the menu - something for everyone. Very quaint and intimate atmosphere.

1 Thank heels94GreensboroNC
Philadelphia
“Not to be missed in OBX”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

What a great meal followed by an amazing dessert! Meals between $16-$30 with outstanding service. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2014
Peoria, Arizona
“A Real Find”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This charming place is hidden away from the crowds. This cottage, nestled In the trees is a gem. The staff is friendly and welcoming and makes you feel right at home. Our waiter, Billy, was knowledgable and willing to make recommendations. The menu is varied with something for everyone and the fish specials were amazing. The wine list has a variety of choices at reasonable prices. It is a go to place for special occasions.

2 Thank Merlin2536