“Definite Yes”
Review of Colington Cafe

Colington Cafe
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Definite Yes”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We only had a few days at the OBX and had not been there before, so i can't tell you it's the best restaurant in the area, but the other reviews are accurate. So, i'll just give a few tips:
- make reservation as soon as you know when you want to go. it gets filled quickly
- beer and wine only served. no bar but they will bring you something while you are waiting to be seated.
- parking is scattered around the house and unmarked. often space for 3 cars is taken up by just 2 so bring the compact, not the SUV ;-)

1 Thank Bob F

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great dinner, reasonable prices!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had an amazing meal here for my Mom's birthday. Everything was absolutely delicious. Entrees were between 18-26 each. The tilefish special with stone grits was awesome. We shared the sampler appetizer which was a bit expensive I think but very good. It is a cute quaint little house that has been turned into a restaurant. I loved the feel of the place. The service was excellent as well. I am definitely coming back here next year!

1 Thank Allison C
“Best restaurant in the OBX!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We come here every year & we love this place. I wish we had a restaurant
like this in Va Beach where I live.
You won't be disappointed if you come here!

2 Thank RobinHarrell
Cincinnati, Ohio
“LOVE!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place was recommended to me by a friend....after years of going to OBX I didn't even know it was there! My husband and I went last year for date night then this year our entire family went (20 people) and both experiences were fabulous! The service is prompt and friendly and the food is good. I had the filet with crabmeat and the fillet was cooked perfectly and delicious. The atmosphere is cute...old house converted into a restaurant. There is a little courtyard out back...great photo spot. Overall, for the quality of food the price is not bad. I would recommend!

1 Thank hrj915
Central Virginia
“Cute place, off the main drag, great food and good service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We tried once after looking for some place new we hadn't tried over the years and all the reviews looked great. It was great. The place is super cute and very accommodating. We didn't have reservations and arrived relatively late in the evening for OBX standards but were treated like valued guests almost to a fault!
Would certainly try again as the food was very good and the atmosphere more quaint and off the beaten track than most other OBX eateries. I would think you should consider reservations if they take them and you don't want to wait.

Visited May 2013