“Cute place, off the main drag, great food and good service”
Review of Colington Cafe

Colington Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Central Virginia
“Cute place, off the main drag, great food and good service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We tried once after looking for some place new we hadn't tried over the years and all the reviews looked great. It was great. The place is super cute and very accommodating. We didn't have reservations and arrived relatively late in the evening for OBX standards but were treated like valued guests almost to a fault!
Would certainly try again as the food was very good and the atmosphere more quaint and off the beaten track than most other OBX eateries. I would think you should consider reservations if they take them and you don't want to wait.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank cmchwms

Hammonton, NJ
“Best place for a nice dinner in the OBX”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am so glad that we discovered this out of the way place. We had been told by a friend that we needed to have dinner here at least once during our visit to the OBX. After arriving at our B&B down the street, we were informed again that we needed to go there. You MUST make a reservation though!!! Thankfully we did. Also, there is not a bar so it can be troublesome finding a spot to wait if the weather is bad out. Anyway, it's a little cottage that's been transformed into a restaurant. Wine was brought to me as I waited outside for my table to be ready. They had quite a few specials each night (we went two nights during our stay in Kill Devil Hills). My husband chose a fish special each night and thoroughly enjoyed them both. I got the Filet Mignon both times and it was delicious. There's a wine list, which we ordered from each night. Both our waitress and waiter were friendly and the service was quick. You do not need to get extremely dress up to go, but I wore a sun dress both nights and my husband wore khaki's and a button down or polo. The prices are very reasonable and the portions sizes are perfect.It's a nice place for a special occassion if you have a small party. I wouldn't reserve here for a larger party as the place is on the smaller side. The next time we go back to the Outer Banks, we'll be dining at the Colington Cafe' again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank robinhump
gbgfood
“Cute place off the beaten path!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

So glad we went here. This restaurant is located right off of the highway about two miles back. Such a quaint place in a little cottage type house. The food was very good, not as modern as I typically like, but still excellent. I had the tile fish feature which was great. Everyone else had a surf and turf type meal. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. Service was excellent and the wine choices were very nice and reasonably priced! Picked out two bottles at under $20 a piece....that's great in my opinion! This place is worth checking out! Loved it!

Visited July 2013
Salisbury, Maryland
“Excellent food, charming dining room”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We discovered this place on Trip Advisor, and are so glad we did. We had a party of six, made a reservation, and they took us ten minutes early, as soon as we arrived. We had the Brie and fruit appetizer, scallops wrapped in bacon, and both were outstanding. Our entrees ranged from crabcakes, shrimp and scallops Napoleon, filet and shrimp, and seafood pasta. everything was perfect. We had excellent service. No gum-cracking teenage servers here, just seasoned staff, who answer questions well, give you excellent attention. The dining rooms are small and quaint. We dined upstairs. We walked out in the rear garden after dinner, and enjoyed the fountain, the ferns, and the herbs. Beautiful lights adorn the well established canopy of trees. My only potential downside here would be difficulty for those with physical disabilities.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Lovely”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Not the most amazing dining experience we had on the OBX but all around it was enjoyable. I think we tried too many of the specials, which were hit or miss. If I were to go back I would stick to regular menu items. The nicest thing about the restaurant was the physical space - it was pretty cool to be eating in a converted home that still truly felt like a home.

• Visited July 2013