“Wonderful place to conclude our OBX visit”
Review of Colington Cafe

Colington Cafe
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Wonderful place to conclude our OBX visit”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

The atmosphere, the food, the presentation - all wonderful. The service was attentive and very courteous. It was expensive, so it is perhaps more a place to celebrate something - and we were.

Although content with the meal (shrimp scampi, she crab bisque) the dessert tray proved too tempting - so the toll house pie was the ending to a delicious meal.

• Visited May 2011

Charlotte, NC
“Best meal in a long time!”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

The Collington Cafe provided a wonderfully prepared meal consisting of great fish (tuna), and an interesting veggie assortment. Wait staff (Cindy) was professional, friendly, polite and well versed with the menu. The cottage is a darling 'home' nestled in a tranquil setting with attention to detail evident both inside and out. I definitely recommend this fine place and I will return on future OBX trips to this area.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank MGordonCharlotte_NC
Farmville, Virginia
“Great In All Aspects!”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

An abolsute must visit, the location, menu and value are top notch. We had pretty high expectations based on the reviews we found. Needless to say the experience surpassed these expectations.The staff was friendly and courteous, which fit in the atmopshere of the place, which was cozy and comfortable. We were seated next to a fireplace (much appreciated, as we had been walking in the freezing cold). My husand and I both got some drinks and I ordered the scallop and shrimp napolean. My husband ordered the pork au sherry. Both dishes were awesome and were a good portion size!! My husband said that it was some of the best pork he had ever had. We finished the meal with a slice of cocunut cream custard pie, which was also great. The desert tray looked so enticing that I want to come back and sample all of them!

We had been to a few other restuarants on the Outer Banks during our stay, but this was the best, particulary for the money! Our bill was around $55, which included two drinks, two entrees and dessert. We spent more than that at Basnight's Lone Cedar for just mediocre food that we could have cooked ourselves. If you want a unique experience on the Outer Banks, I would suggest giving Colington;s Cafe a try! I don't think you will be dissapointed!

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Best on the OBX”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I have lived in OBX for 3 years and this restaurant is by far the best on the Beach. The food is amazing with perfect portions, the staff goes above and beyond in service and friendliness, and the price is extremely reasonable. We choose this restaurant for every special occasion, as well as just for a night out. If you aren't into traditional decor, look past their traditional style and enjoy the home atmosphere. The food and service is well worth it! My husband and I recommend this restaurant to all visitors and locals! Call ahead!

Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great chef - wonderful food - good presentation - fair prices”
Reviewed December 8, 2010

This restaurant is not advertised in the local brochures - it is about a mile off 158 - nice victorian feel about the decor - family owned - great homemade deserts. We plan on eating there again when we are in the Outer Banks.